Thursday, July 27, 2006

Once more into the void...

Playlist
Yes – Anthology (Disc 2) CD-R
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Fringe Set

If anything, the cold is getting worse as we head to the weekend...

Anne was off uptown drinking with her chum Lynn...

I watched the famous “feeding the alien” scene from “Dark Star” – not quite as funny as I recall it having been when I first saw this movie at the Calton Studios (when it was an Arthouse Cinema) back in 1980 – but still funny nonetheless.....

I was going to watch the whole thing but the sound quality left something to be desired...

Staving off the effects of the cold, I once again foolishly ran through the Fringe Set – well not really “again” as this time I was singing and playing the latest and perhaps last version of the set....

The good news is I managed it with hardly a glance at the lyrics and chord sequences sitting on the music stand – although I will of course continue to use these as a crutch...

Just a reminder these gigs are:-

Saturday 5 August (7:30) : Beanscene, Haymarket
Friday 11 August (9:30) : Beanscene, Nicolson St
Thursday 17 August (7:30) : Beanscene, Haymarket
Wednesday 23 August (9:30) : Beanscene, Nicolson St

The set will be ten of CBQ's best songs, so do come along...

I thought about burning some copies of the albums which will be featured in the set - “Callingstill”, “Doveloveshawk”,” Ampersand”, “Anotherhappyday”, “Deeperdown” and “Ersatzreal” – but finally decided against this – instead compiling an 18 track compilation (3 songs from each album) which I will burn especially for this year’s Fringe and which will contain the ten songs I’ll be singing...

My webmeister came back his holidays at the weekend having had an excellent time and, good man that he is, immediately updated the site with all the stuff I sent him last week..

And so my two acoustic albums, “The Acoustic Deeperdown”....



...and “The Acoustic Ersatzreal”....



...will be officially released on Monday...

Full details here:- Crispycat CDs

You can order them already...

Despite my illness, I drove into town to pick up a drunken Anne and Lynn and bring them home...

What a guy!

Highlight of the Day : Yet another CBQ compilation...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hmmm - I'd rather be laid low with the cold than drink raw garlic...

Thanks for the tip though and the congrats on the CDs...