Saturday, July 22, 2006

Not sleeping, updating...

Playlist
Tangerine Dream 1974-1977
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Acoustic Deeperdown
Sonny Rollins – The Bridge
Fripp & Eno – The Equatorial Stars

Up initially at 4:30 am....

Meg the Black Cat was looking out the Living Room window at something on the path – it was a toad (or a very, very far from home frog – so I guess it was a toad)...

I had to go back to bed – I was up because, as ever, I just couldn’t sleep...

I chose a Tangerine Dream compilation to listen to and retired...

I recall the first three pieces or so (around 40 minutes) but then must have drifted off...

Back up at 7 and made a concentrated effort to bring the “news” on http://www.crispycat.co.uk/ up to date – it’s stuck at February 2006. I also sent j-pegs of the acoustic “Deeperdown” and “Ersatzreal” along with track and recording details and an MP3 from each album to my Webmeister...

Unfortunately it seems my Webmeister’s away on holiday....

Went back to listening to albums today rather than shuffleplay...

While collecting everything together to update the site, I loaded up Dr Prog’s mystery DVD – Yes live in 2004 at the Lugano Jazz Festival....

Tasty!

Anne got up around 9:30 and expressed disappointment that I hadn’t been out to get breakfast. She says I behave like a teenager....

We decided to go and see “Superman Returns” down at Ocean Terminal, breakfasting there beforehand. The show was quite early (11:50) and, consequently, there were probably fewer han ten people in the auditorium – superb! I HATE going to the cinema because of other people (chatting, munching, and generally doing stuff other than watching the film)...



The film was good, excellent special effects, and managed the occasional tug at the old heart strings...

It entertained – and that’s presumably all it set out to do...

Back home, Anne sat out in the garden enjoying the sun, while I ran through the proposed Fringe Set then sat down and listened to Sonny Rollin’s album, “The Bridge”, whilst leafing through the Edinburgh Film Festival Programme...

In an ideal world, Anne and I would go and see many of these films, I would also attend many concerts during the Edinburgh Jazz Festival and we would also see many good shows during the Fringe...

In reality, we’ll probably just see Richard Herring and possibly take in one of Jim Park’s free shows....

It’s up to us though....

We finally got round to watching “Narnia” a pirate DVD copy of which has been lying on our coffee table for months....

An ok film, but very much for children – not unlike Harry Potter in that respect – I still can’t understand adults who read the Potter books....

They are for children – stop it now!!

After “Narnia” the rest of the evening was spent watching TV, so a whole day almost of watching stuff. “Law & Order”, the first part of the BBC’s “History of Light Entertainment” which, this week, was on double acts (no mention though of Lee & Herring) and, finally “QI”, which was “not bad”...

And then to bed...

Highlight of the Day : Superman Returns

No comments: