Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Singing for my supper, but forgetting to make it...

Today I toyed with the idea of a Mozart box set containing 100 tracks on 6 CDs. I didn't buy it but, based on past form, I probably will over the next day or so...

Back home I continued to work on the new CBQ song, mixing, tweaking and tinkering with the parts Jmaie and I "laid down, man" last night...

I added a lead vocal and three backing vocals and created a "final" mix. Of course I was doing this whe I ought to have been helping Anne prepare the evening meal. Apparently I said I'd do the salad...

Later on I watched the first half of Rangers' last European game as they drew 1-1 but went out on away goals...

During the second half, I went upstairs and was just surfing the net...

I ended up buying (from e-bay) an Animals CD for £3 which I used to have on LP. I didn't notice till it was too late, that the seller doesn't use Paypal. Very annoying....

Then I played through the last three songs I've written, "Where Are You" (Oct '04), "The End of Everything" (July '05) and "I Still Write You Letters" (March '06)...

Yesterday, I arranged my first appointment at the gym. It's on Thursday at 7pm. I was thinking tonight I might try to make it to Out of the Bedroom this week but if I go to the gym (which I have to) I'll probably not get a slot....

If I do, I think I'll play those three songs...

Highlight of the Day : Finishing off the new song

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I assume you are asking about other people's music rather than my own (which I do of course make ample time to come to know intimately!)...

I have almost 4,500 CDs in my collection...

For the last few years, I have bought, on average, around 1 CD a day....

Clearly, I can't listen to, and get to know intimately, every CD I buy....

Even just to listen to everything currently on my jukebox would take me over a month - and that's listening 24 hours a day, seven days a week....

But, as Anne would vouch with an exasperated sigh, I listen to music "all the time"...

The majority of purchases merely add to my library of available music - I may listen once or twice and only occasionally thereafter unless it really grabs me....

There will be others that I listen to "on rotation" and get to know very well....

These are probably the CDs I would by if I were "normal" - ie the ones I really, really want....

Over the last year these have probably been:-

Sparks - Hello Young Lovers
Wetton/Downes - Icon
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - The Quality of Mercy
Dar Williams - My Better Self
Robert Fripp - Love Cannot Bear
Alice Cooper - Dirty Diamonds
Coldplay - X&Y
Brian Eno - Another Day On Earth
Spock's Beard - Octane
Rheostatics - Night Of The Shooting Stars

Owning so much music is really all about choice and opportunity...

I can choose to listen to so many different artists and genres at the drop of a hat...

Generally speaking I never listen to music radio - due to the inanity of the presenters for the most part...

I have my own personal radio station where every piece played is a request from me...