Monday, March 06, 2006

It's not really like working...

At midnight +8 minutes this morning, I went to bed leaving Meg the Black Cat getting comfy inside one of my guitar bags...



Today I was on the hunt for some CDs. I wanted to go back to Avalanche for the Jon Anderson and Monkees CDs I'd passed up on Saturday...

I was also sure I'd seen Alex Lloyd's CD "Distant Light" in Avalanche on Saturday for £1.99. I went back today and there it was right enough. What a coincidence that Jamie should choose to play me a track from this yesterday round at his place...

The Monkees and Jon Anderson discs were away though. Probably for the best...

Captured a nice homely scene along at the West End as I made my way home tonight...



Worked again on the new song and then applied myself to a remix of Jamie's song "On The Inside" because Jamie was coming round tonight...

When he arrived he was suitably impressed with both "On the Inside" and the mixes I did the other day of "Welcome to This World"...

We worked out a provisional track listing for his EP...

1 On The Inside (Full Band)
2 The Morning After
3 Welcome To This World
4 The Man Who Sold The World
5 On The Inside (Acoustic)

Then we listened back to the new CBQ song. As one, we pronounced it "too long" and so I set about editing the format re the verses, choruses and bridge and recorded a quick acoustic guitar part...

Jamie had set a target time for the song of of 3:30 and it now clocked in at 3:24...

I got Jamie to add some picked guitar, then a wee lead line under the chorus and then some more improvisation on the verges of the mix...

I'll add vocals tomorrow and see how it sounds...

At around 11 we went downstairs and watched the footie highlights with Anne. Both Anne and Jamie are big Hearts fans of course and are eagerly anticipating the Scottish Cup semi final against arch rivals Hibs next month, which has just been confirmed as taking place at Hampden...

Highlight of the Day : Working on music with James Jamieson

No comments: