Friday, March 24, 2006

Not going overboard...

A quiet night in tonight just catching up with stuff and listening to the Marillion CD which finally arrived today....

It's the special-only-available-from-the-band's-website 2CD version of their last album, "Marbles"....



I thought it was from 2005 but it came out in 2004. I can't believe I sat around waiting for two years till I found a copy at a good price for music I'm obviously going to love...

It rocks and it is recommended...

You canstill get it knock down for the rest of March at www.marillion.com and it'll be worth every penny - unlike the big price they normally charge...

Man, I'm such a cheapskate...

A HUGE thrill for me today as I found an e-mail in my inbox from Dave Bidini, of one of my all time favourite bands, Rheostatics (www.rheostatics.ca)...


Dave (3rd from left) says hi and that he found me through my mentions of his band on my site and wonders if I still have the record shop he visited whilst in Edinburgh appearing at the Fringe in 1994...

In a gushing fan-boy reply, I have to advise him that Reptile Records is no more and thank him for his offer of a free CD but I have all the Rheo's CDs proudly on my shelf already...

It's good to know a hero is tuning into my glamorous and glitzy diary of the boring life of a musician and artist....

Until the new Marillion CD hit the mat, I'd been listening to Rheostatics all day...

I love their music..

Here're a couple of exerpts from my response...

"Your complex and often beautiful music never ceases to amaze me and I try at every opportunity to spread the word about Rheostatics."

"All the very best to you and the rest of the band - and keep on making your BRILLIANT music!!"

This is not going overboard...

Believe me...

Find their music and be amazed - you can pre-listen and download their albums plus artwork here:-

http://www.zunior.com/index.php?cPath=1_86&osCsid=57a8155c1f10a9bb499f2ac4e345875d

If you click on the album covers, you can go in deeper and hear loads of tracks...

I urge you to do so right now..

Highlight of the Day : An e-mail from Rheostatics

No comments: