Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lucky man..

It’s amazing the number of UK bloggers who have posted pictures of “the snow” over the last couple of days...

Here’s another...



Up and out to our favourite breakfast haunt where I partake of a bacon roll and lovely latte – I can’t believe I’ve been coming here all this time and only realised a couple of weeks ago that they served lattes...

After making an appointment with the podiatrist (whom I’d all but abandoned since breaking my ankle) for a couple of week’s time, I drive into town and buy a few shirts and T shirts in a concerted attempt to get away from wearing black for most of the time...

Then to West Nicholson St where our second Reptile records used to be (now a hairdresser, whilst our first is a florist’s)..

I browse the racks of Avalanche but despite being tempted by greatest hits collections by Herman’s Hermits, Hot Chocolate and Gerry Rafferty (3 for £5) and a single by The Czars, I leave empty handed...

After buying our weekly lottery ticket (no numbers AGAIN!!!), I walk down to Cockburn Street for a look in Avalanche 2 and FOPP...

I almost bought a Jon Anderson CD (probably would have been rubbish) and a Monkees CD but once again, I leave them in their racks...

In FOPP, it’s a Lee Morgan CD which is carried about for a while before being replaced in the display...

Then to Asda. Meg the Black Cat’s former mum, Julia, is coming for tea tonight and I am under instruction to look for whipping and dipping (cream and sweet chili sauce that is...)

I also get a small punnet of raspberries and a new Radio CD player for the kitchen, the previous one having gone on the blink on Thursday and immediately binned...

I arrive back home and my leg is particularly sore from all the walking about – I’d also popped in to Richer Sounds to investigate a Radio CD (Philips) – ASDA’s (Dual) is adjudged better – it has sleeker lines and the CD player is actually a detachable walkman type machine which also plays MP3 CDs...

It’s is double the price though...

I get a call from my mum. She wants to know how I got on yesterday at the Infirmary. I think she’s even more disappointed than me at the news my leg’s still broken...

A brief snooze (I went to bed last night at 2:30 am and got up today at 7 am) and then I set up and tune in the new Radio CD player....

Whilst I was out, Jamie popped by and left a portable drive thingy with a Cakewalk bundle of one of his songs – so I load that up and muck about creating a CBQ mix...

Then I remember I was to phone and book tickets for The Blue Nile’s Paul Buchanan who’s playing some solo concerts in May. I manage to get them on what’s probably a premium phone line and have to pay a whopping £8.50 “service charge” for tickets which cost £45 themselves. What a bloody RIP OFF...

Then prep for Julia’s visit..

Anne does a splendid job on the meal which comprises Spring Rolls with Chili dipping sauce, followed by her own home made Red Thai Chicken and Basil Curry with Rice (mmmmm...) and topped off with a superb desert of rich chocolate mouse topped with whipped cream and raspberries, the latter offsetting nicely the intentionally bitter taste of the dark chocolate. My contribution to the preparations was to stand and watch and drink some red wine (although I had bought the sauce, cream and raspberries earlier)...

I am a lucky man...

We have a good laugh with Julia but she has to get home quite early for her pets, Pandy the Fluffy Slasher Cat and Dylan the galumphing mental dog...

We clear up the debris of a good night and round the day off with the footie highlights..

Highlight of the Day : Anne’s culinary skills...

No comments: