Monday, April 22, 2024

The boy's 1982 is reached...

Playlist
Capital Models - 2024-04-21
Ilithios - Every Bird Ever
Baby Rose (w/BADBADNOTGOOD) - Slow Burn (EP)
English Teacher - This Could Be Texas
Brainstory - Sounds Good
Chon - Grow
Cloudland Blue Quartet - GLAM!
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2024-03-28 Covers
Cloudland Blue Quartet - GLAM! #2
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2024-03-30 Covers
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2023-02-22 Demos (Wedding Set)
Ippu Do - Radio Fantasy
The Buggles - Adventures In Modern Recording
Human League - Dare!
John Cale - Sabotage
Max Richter - Spaceman OST
Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department
Head Machine - Orgasm
Foghat - Energized
Kiss - Alive!
Bill Nelson's Red Noise - Sound-On-Sound
Wizzard - Wizzard Brew
Annette Peacock - X-Dreams
The Explorers - The Explorers
Robert Wyatt - The End Of An Ear
Nina Hagen - Nina Hagen Band
Nina Hagen - Nina Hagen In Ekstasy
Various Artists - The Swinging 60s
James Jamieson & Capital Models - Kind of Live
PAKT - No Steps Left To Trace
Future & Metro Boomin - WE STILL DON'T TRUST YOU
Lucy Rose - This Ain't The Way You Go Out
Cloud Nothings - Final Summer

Happy birthday today to...


...nephew Olly...


...who hits 23 today and so this is his 1982 in my years...


Over WhatsApp, wherein I provided a plethora of pics from his birthdays past, we also discussed the music I acquired when I was around my 23rd birthday...

And so, my diary for 1982 was consulted...


Of those, I'd pick "Katzenmusik" by Michael Rother, the two LiliDrops, which I got in Paris, post our stay in London with chum Mark Stokes and our attending the shoot (and post shoot party) for the video for Soft Cell's "Torch" - from that point on, I was, of course, a Soft Cell fan - as noted in my acquisitions...

An intro to the musique concrete of Pierre Henry (also bought in Paris , from a street vendor)...

UK's 2nd and the debut from Asia...

The live EP (and studio track) from the Coop, whom we'd seen in February '82...

Eno, Kraftwerk and Bill Nelson and the repurchase of many a T Rex 7" and others by Alvin Stardust, the Glitter Band and The Sweet...

And Laurie Anderson and The Buggles...

The only real outlier on the entire diary page is Gina X Performance - which is also pretty good...

In fact, it's all good...

I was on the ball, music-wise, when I was 23 it seems...

This too was finally split into songs from the "full album" download languishing on a hard drive...


Tasty!

I also got round to starting to create a digital version of the 10 LP box purchased at the start of March...


And, as is now the norm for a Monday, I produced my latest chart re my Top 30 LPs...


...and the 50 highest ranked after 16 weeks of the year...


So, all in all, nothing much done today...

A "Taskmaster" enjoyed and "Monk" and, coming to an end, "Almost Paradise"...

Not much of a day really but good to be alive!

Highlight of the Day : Looking back at 1982...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: