Friday, April 26, 2024

Herding cats Pt 784...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Vanilla Receiver
Laura Pausini & Luis Fonsi - Roma (Single)
John Grant - The Child Catcher (Single)
Donna Lewis & Holmes Ives - Rooms with a View
David Gilmour - The Piper’s Call (Single)
Soft Cell - What? E.P.
Various Artists - The Power of the Heart: A Tribute to Lou Reed
Elephant9 - Mythical River
Simon McCorry & Wodwo - Every Creeping Thing
Andrew Heath - The Cloud Machine
PAKT - No Steps Left To Trace
Capital Models - 2024-04-21
Ilithios - Every Bird Ever [Album]
English Teacher - This Could Be Texas
Chon - Grow
Brainstory - Sounds Good
Capital Models - 2024-04-26 GLAM! Rehearsal
Brian Eno - Eno (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Pet Shop Boys - Nonetheless
Contours - Elevations
Roger Waters - Under the Rubble
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2024 Vol 17 (Long List)

Friday once more and, once more, music trawling...


...which, to be fair, is what I do everyday but there's usually more to be found on a Friday, seeing as it's new release day (see below for what I secured)...


Over to Bonnyrigg this morning to visit the mum - in reasonable spirits...

As I drove home, a call from Leith Dockers - following our self financed gig there on 14 April, they are offering us a paid Saturday night slot on 25 May...

I said I'd check dates and get back to them...

In my head though, there was no way I was going to turn this down and, if members are out that night, I would find a way round it...

Once home, I checked the grid I'd been working on re availability, only to find that I was unavailable - then I remembered this was as I'd pencilled in going along to see Zopp that night...

So I am free...

Johnny W, however, is out - he's lighting a dance show all day from 9am till 1 pm...

I put out the date to Paul, Keith and John B, without telling them John W was unavailable...

Johnny B was right back with an affirmative response...

As ever, tumbleweeds from Paul and Keith...

So, much of the day spent waiting on confirmation from band mates that they would be up for playing the proposed gig on 25th May in a quartet configuration...

My idea was that Keith would stand in for Johnny W on drums and I would stand in for Keith on Bass, with Paul and Johnny B stepping up to the plate re the overall sound...

Paul's reluctance to confirm dates on which he might be able to play over the summer is extremely annoying...

If he can't do this date, we are looking at something probably involving backing tracks - which is fine with me and most likely too with Johnny B...

Late on, Keith came back with a yes re the date but I awaited conformation thereafter that he'd be ok to play drums rather than bass...

And  so...

Meanwhile, Jane was golfing...


I rehearsed on guitar along to the CBQ GLAM! backing tracks in case it comes to it that it's just me and  Johnny B who turn up!


Despite prepping the content for the podcast, I did not get around to recording anything, what with everything going on re the gig...

In the evening, relaxing with some telly, including the last of "Beyond Paradise" (as opposed to "Almost Paradise")...

Highlight of the Day : Gig secured...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: