Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Onesie arrival...

Playlist
Various Artists - Top 20 LPs for 1959-2022
The Tubes - Suffer For Sound (The Black Album)
Fee Waybill - Fee Waybill Rides Again
Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft - Nur Noch Einer
Weather Report - I Sing The Body Electric
Lou Reed - Transformer (RM)
Neu! - Neu!
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido

Right, that's enough, it's already Tuesday 3 January 2023 as I try to write this...

I was up late...


But I am able to refer to the notes I made...

So, working again on my "Top 20's" for 1959 - 2022...

Then, breakfast, then Anne out, to see her mum I think, then more Top 20 work...


An accidental pic was taken at some point but will it one day be an LP cover?


While Anne was out, my ordered a couple of days ago onesie arrived...


On Anne's return, she joined me in a onesie fest while we lunched...


...and enjoyed the first part of the Ghost of Canterville - which reminds me, 6 days later, we've forgotten to watch part two!

Finally my Top 20s were completed...

As you can see (or perhaps not) from my notes above, several of the entries on the old phone/MP3 player proved problematic and had to be sorted out once again...

I did some analysis...

88 artists with 5 or more LPs in the 1,280...


Of which, the top were/are...


25
Alice Cooper

24
David Bowie

23
Brian Eno

22
Yes

19
Francoise Hardy

16
Rheostatics, Rush, Sparks

15
King Crimson, The Church

14
Miles Davis, The Bad Plus, Yello

13
Tangerine Dream

12
Lou Reed, Marillion, Spock's Beard, The Tubes

11
Jackie McLean, Loscil, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep

10
Laura Pausini, Laurie Anderson, Michael Rother, Neal Morse, Pet Shop Boys, The Beatles, The Cure

9
2Raumwohnung, Allan Holdsworth, Bob Dylan, Dar Williams, Fehlfarben, Genesis, Gentle Gant, Hawkwind, Mathilde Santing, Max Richter, New Order, Ornette Coleman, Taylor Swift

8
Art Blakey, Bryan Ferry, David Sylvan, Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft, Jean-Michel Jarre, John Grant, Madredeus, Peter Gabriel, Roxy Music, Steve Harley, Suzanne Vega

So, those total 613 LPS and 613/1280 = 47.9% of albums

And they are by 53 artists and 53/88 = 60.2% of artists with more than 4

Back to my notes...

Baked potatoes for tea...


The, "Black List", "University Challenge" and "Vienna Blood" closed off the day...

Just as well I made the notes...

Which, of course since today, has fallen by he wayside

Onwards...

Highlight of the Day : Onesie arrival...

No comments: