Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Give me an "i" please, Bob...

Playlist
Ars Antiqua Austria - The Music of the Habsburg Empire
The Orb & David Gilmour - Metallic Spheres
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Neu! Variations
Various Artists - Top 200 Artists (August 2010)
The Physics House Band - Incident On 3rd
Lucy Kaplansky - Over the Hills
Various Artists - Miles Not Miles
Rott - Symphony In E
Elvin Jones - The Ultimate
Elvin Jones - Revival Live at Pookie's Pub 1967
Wayne Shorter - EMANON
Various Artists - Here It Is: A Tribute to Leonard Cohen
Charles Lloyd, Julian Lage, Zakir Hussain - Trios: Sacred Thread
Rachmaninov - Piano Concertos 1 & 3
London Sinfonietta - Warp Works and Twentieth Century Masters
Holmboe - The Complete String Quartets
Various Artists - Bluewerks Vol. 7: Come Fall
Various Artists - Tour De Traum XXIV
Various Artists - Punk F**k Art Let's Danse
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2019

Listening overnight and for much of today to tracks on a "one track each" compilation made in August 2010 of my then Top 200 artists...


...which was nice...

Views...




Post a porridge based breakfast, out into the -5 cold...



Something had happened to the back gate re said cold and so I could not exit the garden this way...


...instead back through the house and out the front door...

Over to visit my mum, who was not well yesterday and so missed her planned Xmas lunch...

I arrived at the same time as the two "hospital at home" nurses, Sharon and Karen and did some stuff around the house and drove up to Roslin for drugs, while they did what they do...

As they left, the morning carer arrived to prep mum for the day...

And so, by the time she had left, I too had to leave, as I was to return by midday so that Anne could visit her mum...

The mums!

Spent some time while Anne was away going through all the artists in my collection and updating the 2010 list mentioned above...

Then worked on my tax return...

Top day!

This evening, prior to the football and a "so good it remained unpictured" quite excellent chicken thigh casserole from Annie, I downloaded more music I don't need - including The Physics House Band...

OK I do need that...

Prompted by adding them to my updated list, I found they had a new LP out last year which I missed...

And some also missed Blue Note stuff - most of which is frankly an insult to the label but one cracker from Elvin Jones...


...which accompanied France beating Morocco 2-0 - the Africans were excellent apart from their finishing...

And so it's Argentina v France on Sunday, both going for their third World Cup...

Meanwhile, the year we are looking at on Twitter to the end of December to choose our 5 LPS of the year is...

2022...

So, I noted I had 11 nominations...




The last there is from 2021 of course...

I won't vote for any of them...

With Anne watching "Repair Shop", she having eschewed partaking of an episode of "Black List", I retired upstairs from some late evening classical listening...




I also experimented with putting the CD player up on the shelf under the big screen - but after an hour or so, I realised the screen was then just too high, possible sore neck-wise...

Oh well...

Changed back...

It should also be recorded that, over the last couple of days, I have noted that the "i" key on the new laptop very often fails to register...

Whch is extremely annoying indeed!!!

Highlight of the Day : Whenever typing an "i" worked...

No comments: