Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Like a Saturday...

Playlist
Various Composers - A Year of Wonder (July)
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Journey
Humble Pie - Thunderbox
Juicy Lucy - Lie Back and Enjoy It
Steve Harley - The Cockney Rebel - A Steve Harley Anthology
David Essex - David Essex
Wizzard - Introducing Eddy and the Falcons
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Allan Holdsworth - Leverkusen 2010
John Lennon - Walls and Bridges
Dexter Gordon - A Swingin' Affair
Dexter Gordon - Go
Fiona Apple - When the Pawn...
Blue Sun Chasing & Edward Spark - A Hymn for the Theatre Rejects
Feed Me to the Waves - Apart

Tuesday but it felt like a Saturday...

Up early and to the machines to continue the work on the migration of files between various drives...


It is taking rather a while...


...and is hard to keep track of...


Listening today was mainly music bought around this time in 1974, my earliest diary year, when I was 15...


At 7:50, off out for a 30 minute walk to a new dentist for an initial consultation...

Now, I visited my current dentist, of whose practice I have been a patient since they started in Loanhead in 1971, and I was given the all clear - no work needed - perhaps a couple of things to keep an eye on...

This morning?

"You need six fillings" was the opinion opined!

Private, £500...


Oofft...

NHS, £100...


While finding this a bit weird, to receive two such different diagnoses within the space of a month, today's doc did say that none of the six was absolutely necessary and it was all preventative work rather than actually needing to be done...

To be clear, I have no holes in my teeth!

Anyway, started the walk back...


...and a think...

Anne was heading into town for a long leisurely lunch and was visiting her mum on the way. to assist with Xmas card writing...

I got a pickup and accompanied, so that she would not be late and I could bring the car home...

I was provided with breakfast...


A good hour's chat, before Anne headed off for an afternoon of tapas while I drove home, to continue with the migration... 



A break, for a tasty Quorn and vegetable-based lunch...


...and some TV about people in Cardiff who had done up semi-detached houses rather nicely...

I feel asleep as I watched...

Awake and back to work...


The post brought a card from Eugene Oregon, from the nice lady who interviewed me in the summer of 2021 - here...


On Anne's return, I was still working away...

In the World Cup today, Spain lost to Morocco 3-0 on penalties post a goalless draw, while, this evening, Portugal thrashed Switzerland 6-1...

And so, the Moroccans are the only surprise in the last 8 so far...

Just Brazil to go through tomorrow (unless a huge upset)...

Porridge for tea...


...and a new thing this evening, recommended by chum Lynn, "Astrid: The Paris Murders"...

There are three seasons so, hopefully, this will entertain for a while...

Off to bed, post more migration work and leaving things running overnight...

Tomorrow is not Sunday but it felt like it should be...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day: My tasty lunchtime cooking...

No comments: