Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Lack of understanding of subjectivity can be a complete pain...

Playlist
Various Artists - Top 20 LPs for 1959-2022
Steffi - The Red Hunter
Grace Jones - Hurricane
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
Gentle Giant - Interview (Remaster)
The Tubes - Remote Control
Yello - Motion Picture
Kansas - Somewhere To Elsewhere
New Order - Get Ready
Justin Currie - What Is Love For
Udo Lindenberg - Stark Wie Zwei
Taylor Swift - Midnights

Started taking notes today to remind me of things when it comes to keeping this up to date, as is the case today, a couple of days later...

I used to only ever do that when we were away on a trip...


Up at seven and, instead of writing this, I turned again to sorting out the Top 20s for each year from 1959 to 2022 - which, when done will be loaded onto Anne's old Samsung Galaxy, to which I've added a 128GB SD card, turning it into a nice sized MP3 player (which also has access to the internet if there's wi-fi around and can be blue-toothed to speakers and the car)...


Breakfast, including a nice raspberry preserve Xmas present...


Also was drawn to AI art sites and typed in what I wanted...


...and came out like this...


Accompanied Anne towards her mum's and jumped out, nipping onto a tram at Haymarket...


...alighting at HMV in Princes St (no purchases) and walking along to Fopp (no purchases)...

Over into the Prince's Mall and Avalanche, Kevin Arbuckle still plodding away...

Found one CD of note (with a DVD included) for fiver..

Polish ambient artist, Jacaszek...


Of course, it turns out I'd already downloaded this a couple of years back...

Oh well - nice to have the thing (as I always say when this happens)...

Through Waverley Station to the Fruitmarket Gallery, where this exhibition of work by Hayley Tompkins did not do anything for me...




The gallery was a welcome refuge from the rain though...


Up to the Royal Mile and a quick wander round a craft market there at the Tron Kirk...


...before walking up to Newington, perusing various charity shops but finding zero...


At the Queens Hall, things which may be of interest next year which we will probably not attend, were noted...





A No 30 down to Princes St, where prep for the Pet Shop Boys on Hogmanay is underway - me and Edward Spark will see them in Aberdeen in the summer...


The castle, as I awaited the 26...


...which took me...


...to the terminus...


...followed by a walk down the hill home...

The Xmas special of "Death in Paradise" enjoyed with lunch...

Then, listening to Jacaszek and updating this for the last two days and changing the pics on the entry for our one day trip to Amsterdam back in January 2011, to actual pictures...

Next, I need to do that for our 2008 Canada trip...

The Grace Jones CD from the 23rd also finally listened to - very good indeed...

Time for tea...


...and then, posting my choices for Top 5 of 2022, post my 20 yesterday...


 ...and my 10 this morning...


And here they are...


The lack of Marillion and Porcupine Tree in my 10 and 5 caused some consternation amongst various Twitterti - once again, I laboured to explain the concept of subjectivity when "judging" music and art of any kind...

First of two "University Challenge" matches tonight - a poor score from us...

Then, a "Black List"...

Then, back to the Top 20s...

Then, the second "University Challenge" and a far better score, well over 200...

And ended the day as it began, with yet more work on the Top 20's, which is proving more problematic than I'd hoped, re the transfer onto the player and tracks missing etc etc...

This is how I waste my time...

Highlight of the Day : Out and about...

No comments: