Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Another riveting diary entry...

Playlist
Covet - Technicolor
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson Lake and Palmer
Focus - In And Out Of Focus
Soft Machine - Third
Van Der Graaf Generator - H To He Who Am The Only One
Van Der Graaf Generator - The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other
Can - Tago Mago
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus
Focus - Moving Waves
Genesis - Nursery Cryme
Hawkwind - In Search Of Space
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
King Crimson - Islands
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame
Soft Machine - Fourth
Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts
Weather Report - Weather Report (1971)
Yes - Fragile
Caravan - Waterloo Lily
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy
Focus - Focus III
Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo
Various - Schooldays The Albums 1977
Various - Desert Island Discs (Mine)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Beethoven
Matiegka Trio - Same
Various - We Got the Funk
Pink Floyd the Wall
Freddie Hubbard - The CTI Years 1971-1973
Alice Cooper - Puke on a Piece of Apple Pie
Yes - Progeny 1972-10-31 Toronto
Francoise Hardy - Soleil
Yes - Progeny 1972-11-12 Greensboro
Haydn - Complete String Quartets
Boccherini - The Symphonies Opus 12

A better rising time today...


Added recent CD acquisitions to the iPod...


I love the way the tracks go in so quickly and easily...
  

...unlike the sometimes absolute torture of adding music to the iPhone...


The iPod now holds all CDs acquired since mid March 2017...

How many is that?


1,697 apparently...

Another couple of Anne's paintings were framed and placed around the house...




...while I added some spaces to the boxes containing my classical "single artist" CDs and various composer compilations...

This meant three new boxes were added...


Meanwhile, squirrel!




...and, then, three squirrels!




The sorting continued...


A break for tea, a superb curry from Anne...


...before working on...


...and mucking about with the lights I use to be able to read my music in a dark venue...


Some late night listening...


LPs I acquired in 1977 - while still at school...


...compiled 22 years after their acquisition...


...and, now, listened to 21 years after their compilation...


Then, my "Desert Island Discs" compiled in 2003...

...noting my rather hubristic inclusion of my own then latest opus, "Anotherhappyday"...


Then, looking at all these books...



..and deciding to leaf through a couple instead of scrolling through my phone...

Chose this, looking to see how it compared with my own list on Monday of 25 bands...


20 of my choices included...




I slightly revised my list this morning, allowing partial live LPs and replacing Supertramp with Golden Earring...


..and listened to the longest tracks form each today - and so did not get through the full 100...

No doubt, tomorrow, I will have moved on...

Ah yes, another riveting diary entry...

Highlight of the day : Anne's curry...

No comments: