Sunday, October 02, 2011

Flick to kick...

Playlist
Nielsen - Symphony No 5
Honegger - Pacific 231
Joe Zawinul - The Rise and Fall of the Third Stream
Mary Chapin-Carpenter - Between Here and Gone
Clifford Jordan & John Gilmore - Blowin' in  from Chicago

In the morning, we dismantled the old sofa bed in readiness for the uplift on Wednesday...



Took Anne to her mum's just before 12 - they were off to see Hearts play Celtic this afternoon (glorious 2-0 win for the Jam Tarts)...

Meanwhile, forgetting the camera, I popped over to Loanhead to visit mum and Pam for lunch and chat...

A good time was had and, just as Pam and I were about to leave for Crispycat Towers, a call from "pretend" cousin Robert - both my parents are/were only children so I have no "real" cousins aunts or uncles...

Robert's mum, one of my mum's oldest friends, "aunt" Edith, was in town and so over they came for a quick visit before Robert returned his mum to their native Kilmarnock...

Much reminiscing was done re my family's visits to Killie and Robert's family (Edith, late husband Denny and six children - five girls plus Robert)'s visits to Loanhead...

Denny and my dad and, later me and Robert, would spend the Saturday afternoons playing Subbutteo table soccer...

Happy days...

Robert and Edith were soon on their way and Pam and I drove over to Anne's mum's for the family tea with Anne's mum, Anne, me, Pam, Bobby, Jane, Olly, Kitty, Keith, Maureen and Craig - a full house indeed...

It was a special birthday tea for Jane and Maureen, both of whom will be celebrating next Monday...

No camera so the phone had to suffice...

But I haven't a scooby how to transfer pics from the phone to the computer...

First time I'd seen Kitty since July I think - she was on top form, measuring parts of people's bodies to compare and determine who had the longest nose, arm, finger, foot, ear etc etc...

Back to ours and Pam checked out a few things on the net, not having the facility at our mum's house...



Then, "Spooks", during which Pam of course fell asleep after a long eventful day...

We took her home at 10 and returned to watch the highlights ofg Hearts' victory, followed by an excellent "Curb Your Enthusaism" - the one with the Palestinian cooked chicken...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Family tea...

No comments: