Friday, October 21, 2011

Found picture...

Playlist
Miles Davis - 1963-1969
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 1996-2011
Peter Hammill - Over
Brand X - Macrocosm

Saw this on the pavement this morning as I walked down the road...



There must surely be a story behind it but I'll never know...

I was oblivious to the fact I'd forgotten my wallet...

I only realised once I was at a point where a 30 minute walk would be required to remedy the situation - a quick call to the Exec Producer solved the problem as she whizzed down in the Cloudland Blue Mobile to pass the leathery beast to me...

Uptown, Charlotte Square once again awaits its annual post Book Festival repair...



Several calls with my mum today re Pam - she advised no improvement thus far re her speech, if anything, it's worse...

We must remain positive...

Appointments have arrived for two scans in Glasgow on Wednesday - suitable arrangements were put in place...

We will have Pam at Crispycat Towers tomorrow and Sunday - to give both ladies a break!!

A visit to Fopp last thing resulted in another couple of discs of Spohr's string quartets and two solo albums by Peter Hammill entering the collection, along with a second hand copy of a Klaus Schulze concert from 1993 and a compilation of cracking jazz fusion from Brand X...

Consequently, slightly darker today as I passed the cathedral...



Perhaps this is a better view...



...or perhaps this is...



The lurgi returned big style today so the race is on to get them under control by the time we see Pam tomorrow...

In the evening, a fine tea from Annie involved haggis-based beef olives and a tasty tomato-based sauce with mash and asparagus...

Later on, a call with Pam's chum Debbie, who had called Loanhead earlier to speak to Pam but found she'd already retired - a natter with my mum substituted...

The chemo is evidently causing major fatigue...

We will have a first hand handle on matters tomorrow...

"Have I Got News For You" was enjoyed and Derren Brown proving how someone can be programmed to carry out an assassination, without having any recollection of it whatsoever, was fascinating stuff...

Medication taken and off to bed...

Highlight of the Day : Annie's culinary skills...

No comments: