Sunday, August 17, 2008

Starting to worry...

Playlist
Ornette Coleman – Tomorrow is the Question
Alice Cooper – Along Came a Spider
Various – Count Brodski’s 50 Albums
Ornette Coleman – Science Fiction
Cloudland Blue Quartet – 12 Song Best Of

Slept in till after 9 today then it was up and to the sink to do the washing up from last night...

Soundtrack provided by the wild jazz sounds of Mr Ornette Coleman from 1959...

Before and after...



Just coffee for breakfast today but, later, a trip to Tesco for lunch provisions, a Tiger Loaf Baguette with pretend peppered beef for me (Quorn) and Emmental Cheese for Anne – and we enjoyed our first home-grown pepper as part of the menu...



As Anne watched Dundee Utd draw 1-1 with Celtic, followed by keeping an eye on Queens beating the much fancied Partick Thistle at home 2-0, I rigged up the studio to try and make some impromptu acoustic recordings...

However, I had some considerable difficulty with the software – it’s now so long since I’ve used it for anything of any complexity, I couldn’t remember how it worked...

In the end, I played my guitar for around an hour only to find a mere five minutes on the hard drive once I’d finished – very frustrating...

In the evening, a tasty curry then more guitaring, midway through which, I gave up and just listened to the recorded versions of my proposed setlist:-

This Is All There Is (pt 1)
A Nice Job In A Small Town
I Re-Arranged the House (On the Day You Came to Stay)
Lights Out
Very Small (pt 2)
(Is This) The End of Everything
Twenty Twenty Vision (pt 2)
You Taught Me How To Love You (Now Teach Me To Forget)
Starting to Worry
Ten Twelve Seventeen
The Angels’ Kiss
The Crocodile Song

Rather downbeat – but that’s the way I am – and it sounds eminently better than me and my acoustic guitar...

Time to give up...

Highlight of the Day : A win for Queens...

No comments: