Tuesday, August 05, 2008

How ironic...

Playlist
Tangerine Dream – Electronic Meditation
Tangerine Dream – Alpha Centauri
Alice Cooper – Along came a Spider
Fehlfarben – Handbuch fur die Welt
Roy Harper – Sophisticated Beggar
Bert Jansch – Bert Jansch
Bert Jansch – It Don’t Bother Me
Grand Funk Railroad – E Pluribus Funk
Roy Wood - Mustard

Back to the doc’s this morning re my cholesterol – no real change over the last three months but he doesn’t want to put me on medication just yet, so a reprieve until January but, despite losing nearly a stone since this January, I think I still need to modify my intake and increase my exercise...

My dad had a heart attack at 54, though he lived for another 19 years and he had smoked for almost 40 years prior to the attack, a habit I’ve never had – still the omens are there...

The onward downward trend in weight must continue...

As must the idiotic purchasing of CDs...

I needed a new pair of headphones today as the ones I was using went on the blink so, of course, I had to go to FOPP and ended up purchasing Bert Jansch’s first two albums for £3 each – despite the hyperbole in the sleeve notes about what a revolutionary style of the then young man, the “first” British singer-songwriter, for me, he’s not a patch on Roy Harper or Roy Wood...

Watched the not-so mighty Rangers exit Europe tonight, going down 2-1 away to Lithuanians, Kaunus (aka Hearts Reserves) so, when Queen of the South play in the Uefa Cup second qualifying round on 14 August, they will have been in Europe longer than the ‘Gers – which is nice...

Gordon Smith, Chief Exec of the Scottish FA famously moaned at Queen of the South being in Europe and that having such a so-called “diddy” team representing Scotland could only do the country harm...

Looks like, tonight, it’s Rangers who are the real diddies...

And just as a nice wee reminder of how frail the Gers really are, here’s Big Jim Thomson’s unstoppable headed goal from the 53rd minute of the cup final...



Nice...

Also caught the 1st episode of the new series of “CSI : Miami” – every bit as preposterous as last year’s, which we stopped watching after a couple of episodes...

A message from King Crimson biographer extraordinaire and main man of the Digital Global Mobile site, Mr Sidney Smith, whom I believe currently to be in deepest America witnessing the 40th Anniversary celebrations of, probably, my all time favourite band (other than the Alice Cooper Group of course, sorry Bob but teen-love takes precedence), will result in a further visit to FOPP this week to procure some Tangerine Dream for the big man...

It’ll be an honour sir...

Highlight of the Day : Rangers out while Queens march on - how ironic...

No comments: