Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kingdom come...

Playlist
Allan Holdsworth – Against the Clock
Allan Holdsworth – Then!
Allan Holdsworth – All Night Wrong
UNKLE – End Titles...Stories for Film
King Crimson – Live at Park West, Chicago, 07/08/08

Up at 5am, unable to sleep...

I’d gone to bed last night listening to three albums by Allan Holdsworth, one of my upcoming “tasty trios” and so, on rising, I decided to ensure every piece of Holdsworth music in my collection was indeed uploaded across the jukeboxes...

At lunchtime, noted that Zavvi in Princes St has shut down (almost overnight)...

No great loss, though I did pick up a few bargains recently...

Hopefully HMV will hang on, though they received no funding from me today...

Sent off Mr Smith’s two Tangerine Dream CDs – hopefully they will arrive safely – I understand he’s back from his US Tour with the Mighty Crims...

Back home a delivery from Amazon brought a new pair of Koss Sparkplugs – the new version of their brilliant “Plug” in-ear headphones...

The Maxell nut-cans I bought a couple of weeks ago from FOPP are already heading binwards being, frankly, shite...

Also in the pack (purely to ensure free delivery – why pay £3 when that can be factored into the price of a CD) UNKLE’s new opus, “Stories for Film”, with which Dr Prog and I were most impressed a few weeks ago in Glasgow pre-Spock’s beard whilst browsing in FOPP...

Not as good as I remembered first time through – second time on the new phones and it’s definitely a grower...

Then, miracle of miracles, there’s a download available ALREADY, over at DGM Live, of King Crimson’s 7 August set at Park West, Chicago – a double disc equivalent for a measly $10 – I urge you to partake...



To cap a good day, Queen of the South overcame Dunfermline in Dunfermline tonight 2-0 in the Challenge Cup...

Lovely...

Highlight of the Day : King Crimson Live in 2008...

2 comments:

Martin Lennon said...

I partook.

Astounding! And I said so on the guestbook at (probably unnecessary) length. Indiscipline alone was worth the price for me.

Who'd have thought a bunch of old geezers could sound so young and punky?

:)

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Powerful indeed Marty. Gnarly old geezers (and a fresh faced young drummer) have produced some scary music...