Wednesday, December 05, 2007

No wallpaper in this house...

Playlist
Various - 100 "Recent" Albums
Capital Models - Anthology

Despite bad arm pains and stomach pains, the latter no doubt due to excessive painkiller intake for the last month and a half or so, I ventured out tonight to the launch of old OOTB chum Jim Igoe's new music night (and CD selling website) Secret CDs (from where you can get signed copies of my own new album)...

I met up with me old mucker James Jamieson who advised he's having a particularly severe bought of writer's block at present...

Here's a not very good picture of JJ taken in March this year on a drunken reunion night where we met up with our old Capital Models members and friends...



On the way into town I listened to our Anthology, compiled for Jamie's 40th a couple of years ago...

Sounds like the work of some excited young men...

With a capacity of around only 25 or so, the small club was packed and, in these days of the smoking ban, some of the aromas circulating the room were rather less than pleasant...

The PA conked out just before Norman Lamont took to the stage for an assured set including his lovely track "Fall Back" which, when he sang it, took me back to the last party at Impossible Songs when everyone joined in on harmonies and I played along on guitar - the song's refrain went on for ages that night due to it's ability to attract such sweet and pleasing harmonies...

After Norman came Blue Flint, a duo of ladies on banjos, superbly backed by violin and cello - while, prior to tonight, I would probably have subscribed to the joke the girls cracked "what do you call 100 banjos at the bottom of the ocean? Not enough" I was won over by their picking and harmonies and the banjo/strings combination...

By this time though the pain had become intolerable and I said my farewells and left...

Back home, reluctant to retire to try to sleep through it and, in an attempt to tire myself out, whilst still being entertained, we watched the final two episodes of season one of "Heroes" - the finale being a major disappointment all in all...

Not to worry...

Highlight of the Day : Meeeting up with Jamie

No comments: