Thursday, December 27, 2007

I'm away back to bed now...

Playlist
Various - Best of 2007
Steve Reich - Phases
Various - Jazz Jukebox on Shuffleplay



Not feeling great this morning and staed in bed til around 10:30...

We had a lunch date with Chris-with-a-ch- from Anne's work over in Dunfermline - not the most welcoming of places on a windy, rainy day...

Since both Indian Restaurants in the town were closed for business, we went instead to the Seven Kings where Anne had a curry in any case whilst I chose haggis and Chris opted for haddock and chips...

All v tasty and all v reasonable too...

Back home by around 4:30 or so, having narrowly cheated death when Anne woke me up on the dual carriageway leading into Edinburgh with a screamed "What are you doing?" as the car headed at speed towards the pavement...

As the evening progressed I felt worse and worse and in a way I was glad that a projected visit from Alan and Penny did not materialise...

After watching an hour and a half of Corrie and a ludicrously unfunny "My Family Xmas Special", I finally capitulated to the lurgi and headed for bed at 7:30 pm - not like me...

Worst I'd felt for a long time but, by 10pm I seemed to have recovered sufficiently to get up again and headed downstairs to watch "Extras" which Anne had kindly taped as I lay in my sick bed...

A good ending to the series with Andy Millman's speech from the Big Brother house being one of which I wish people would take heed - but they won't and we'll no doubt continue on our vacuous celebrity obsessed lifestyle in the UK...

After that time for bed and some cool jazz sounds soothed me back to sleep...

Highlight of the Day : Waking at 10pm to find I felt a lot better than before

No comments: