Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Treadmills and hindsight...

Playlist
Ok Go - Ok Go
Pet Shop Boys - Fundamental

Physio first thing - painful but good painful...

Out drinking in the evening - for it to be free I had to meet up with drinking buddies in the dreaded Tigerlily. Got in ok as no one was manning the door when I arrived and all went well for around 2.5 hours until I went for a pee at what proved to be exactly the same time as the man on door security with the photographic memory of my face...

And so I was ejected, but not before I'd been fully compensated for my latest drink, which I'd not been able to partake of and which I hadn't actually paid for...

The bar then proceeded to lose the custom of around 20 people, including four young men from England whom I'd never met before who also walked out in protest...

The rest of the evening was spent in the bar over the road where I became progressively more drunk, leaving around 11 and arriving home in a rather sorry state, via the chippy, at around midnight...

Great at the time but, in hindsight...

Listening today to the wonderful Pet Shop Boys and excellent Chicago power-pop band OK Go...



OK Go's video for "Here It Goes Again" is "that famous one from Youtube with the treadmill dance thing" which has now been viewed almost 27 million times...

Here's another one of them dancing...

Oh and a big happy birthday to my old school chum Rory (not Roy) MacCrae...

Highlight of the Day : Getting home in one piece

No comments: