Monday, December 17, 2007

Pride comes before a fall...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 1997-2007 Xmas Special
John Surman - Glancing Backwards (3CD)

Re "The Man" - I am listening to a new 11 song composition which I have compiled to give as a Xmas card to my fellow workers, almost none of whom have heard my music or have seen me play...

It is with some measure of trepidation then that I will hand these out this week...

Anne reckons it's egomaniacal nonsense - I think it may well be hubris, as they come back to me to advise it's all just crap...

Phoned the doc in an attempt to procure more painkillers - we'll see what happens...

Also, re "The Man", today I popped into HMV and used my token from the Secret Santa dip to help with the purchase of a three disc compilation containing four albums from the early 70's by British Jazz saxophonist, John Surman - and cracking stuff it is too...



Other than listening to that (at one point whilst washing the dishes), I also partook of an hour of "Coronation St", "University Challenge" (your correspondent was "on fire" for the first half, much to Anne's chagrin, then tailed off into oblivion) and, finally, "Live at the Apollo"...

A typical Monday night these days...

Highlight of the Day : John Surman's jazz noise

No comments: