Saturday, December 08, 2007

Thirty years of songs and sounds...

Playlist
Uriah Heep – Anthology 2 : Blood on Stone
Various – Disco Dave’s Party Bus Mix Disc 4
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Anthology 1977-2007 : Songs & Sounds
Various – Disco Dave’s Party Bus Mix Disc 3
Uriah Heep – Extra Tracks from the Classic Period 1970-76

And the cold kicks in big time – I couldn’t sleep so got up around 5am and sat downstairs with Meg watching TV with the sound down listening to a couple of CDs...

27 years since John Lennon was murdered...

And, yesterday it was announced Karl-Heinz Stockhausen had died - Count Brodski texted me last night - not one person in the room with me at the party knew who KHS was or what he did - but they were all familiar with any number of ex-contestants on "Big Brother" or "I'm A Celebrity (sic)"....

I saw KHS back in April '05, shortly after starting this diary....

Once the hour was deemed reasonable, I went back upstairs and updated the diary for the last few days – where does the time go...

Still exercising the arm but now I’m running out of painkillers – need to phone the doc on Monday for a new supply...

Breakfast of toast, juice and lashings of lovely coffee accompanied the Saturday morning cookery show thing on BBC 1....

Then back upstairs...

Anne was off to Tynecastle while I monitored matters on the BBC website – both Queens and Hearts went ahead only to each be beaten at home 2-1, Hearts by Motherwell, Queens by Partick Thistle...

Very disappointing...

Spent much of the afternoon compiling what will be the 2CD version of the 30 year anthology of my music, which I’ve been working on, off and on, for months now...



Disc 1 will be songs, from 1978 through to this year, while disc 2 is instrumental pieces recorded between 1977 and 2005....

This 41 track set will be my first release of 2008 along with the full 10 CD Edition – my arm is such that I can’t even put my guitar on, let alone play it, so writing, recording and/or performing are not on the agenda at present....

No Robin or Strictly tonight as we were off over to Fife for dinner at Anne’s work colleague Chris-with-a-Ch’s place...

Anne had been slaving over a lovely home made lamb curry yesterday and this morning and it tasted just fine and dandy and we had a good time – helping Chris out with how to put MP3s onto his I-Pod and playing games on his PS2 (or it might have been a 3 – I don’t know)...

Home to bed around 2 am...

Highlight of the Day : Tasty curry

No comments: