Sunday, August 07, 2005

Delivery, compilation, loops and tarts...

Up early today to wait for the new washing machine to be delivered – they said between 8 and 1...

The day is dull at first, but turns out to be a scorcher...which is good weather for the local derby between Hearts and Hibs which Anne’s going to later on...and for the official opening of the Fringe with the annual Cavalcade along Princes Street – something I’ve never actually witnessed and that won’t change this year...



I update the journal while we wait and put together the “Now That’s What I Call A Good Album...July 2005” disc, featuring one track each from my top ten albums obtained in July...



The men arrive with the new machine and the old rubbishy machine is replaced within around twenty minutes...here’s a pic of Meg the Black cat showing her appreciation...



Then to the loop-station and I make my first recordings, using two loops created on Tuesday and Thursday and a new one from today – altogether thirty minutes of soundscapes...

Anne’s off to the match so I take the opportunity despite the great weather outside, to watch disc two of the Yes DVD I bought last week...an interesting concert with half of this second disc being played in an unplugged stylee...I’d like to see them get back to basics like this for a new album but that seems a long way off...

While waiting for Anne to return, I take a wee walk outside...the remnants of the Gas work which was done around four weeks ago now, still litter the neighbourhood...



It’s hot...



Yesterday’s game must have been an omen as, once again the result is 4-0 but this time “our” team is to the good, as the Jam Tarts well and truly stick it to the Hibees and go top of the league...

Another good day...

No comments: