Thursday, August 04, 2005

Wind, rain, overcast sky..

And on my backwards weatherforecast, or rather, I suppose, weatherbackcast, not such a nice day today - wind, rain, overcast sky - typical Edinburgh summer then...



Nothing of much import to say today. It's a year since the first of my five concerts during last year's Fringe, the "Fifty Five Songs" series. I was talking then about recording the new album, and it's still not ready.

This year I'm doing just one performance (or two counting playing back up at Jamie's planned gig). I managed to change my start time on 25 August from 11.35 to 9.25, which means I'm on first (after an initial open-mic spot) but also that I won't be getting home in the middle of the night...

Spent around thirty minutes on another quiet loop today. Other than that, the evening was spent in front of the TV - "Extras", then the show by the woman whose name escapes me, and then "Absolute Power" and then I think I fell asleep....

Of the three, "Extras" is now in first place, but nothing beats "Still Game" - episode 3 tomorrow night...

No comments: