Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pile up...

I know you all love Meg the Black Cat so here's a gratuitous shot of her on the back step this evening, shortly before she was chased back into the house by the evil Black and White Cat With The Bell....



A "day off" today....

But I have a bad cold, which has snuck up on me over the last couple of days, so I'm a bit under the weather - which today is overcast. I'm still too hot though, due to the affliction...



In the evening, we watch Scotland v Austria. Scotland are a revelation in the first half based on recent performances and, unbelievably, go in after 45 minutes, 2-0 up.

Being a friendly match though, changes are made at half time. Scotland continue to hold their own but end up losing two goals in the last five minutes or so and it ends up a 2-2 draw...

However, there's some good news from Denmark, where the Danes thump England 4-1...oh dearie me....

I'm reviewing Out of the Bedroom tomorrow night, when they'll be having a Bob Dylan covers night so, tonight, I ought to have been learning a Dylan standard to perform but I am just toooo ill (sniff)...

A few releases are starting to pile up at Crispycat Towers and it's nearing the time for my annual cull of the catalogue...deletion frenzy!

Due for release "soon" are live EPs from James Jamieson and CBQ, new studio EPs from Creek and Edward Spark (his debut), the latest soundscape album from CBQ, the updated 2CD CBQ Songs and Soundscapes 1977-2005 Anthology and, of course, the long awaited "Deeperdown" if I ever get around to recording the vocals and then moving on...

Today I realised just how far my stupidity can go on e-bay as a book which I bought about eight weeks ago arrives. It's a list of vegetarian restaurants across the USA. I bought it for a couple of pounds because the co-author is one of my favourite singer songwriters, Dar Williams.

Clearly, this has to rank as one of the most pointless purchases I've ever made...



Art Blakey continues to entertain me as I update the journal...

No comments: