Monday, August 15, 2005

Crispy's birthday...

15 August - Crispy's Birthday - She would've been 21 today...

Up early (for a Monday anyway) and at 5:45 I am at the computer splitting the wav. files of Jamie and my’s performance last month at the Roxy. This is so that I can burn all his tracks onto a CD to give to young Andy tonight – he was finding it a bit of a pain to scan through the two 25 minute tracks he had for initial listening purposes. I took the opportunity to edit out some glitches caused by the initial hard drive recording, some tuning up etc etc.

A bright sunny evening today…



I head out to Penicuik for a rehearsal with Andy of Jamie’s songs for his gig this Sunday. Jamie can’t make it so it’s up to me to teach Andy the songs initially, with the help of the Roxy CD.

On the way, I stop in at my mum’s. She’s undergoing physiotherapy just now re her legs and back and part of it is to cycle – so I’m lending her my exercise bike. As you can see from the photo, Meg the Black Cat uses it more than me…



After re-building the bike and ensuring my mum could use it, I continue up to Penicuik. Within 80 minutes, Andy has learned the basic structures and chord sequences of Jamie’s songs – what a fast worker – we’re rehearsing again tomorrow night with Jamie this time – it may be our only rehearsal as a trio before the gig!

By 10 o’clock, I’m back in the car and heading home – just in time to see Hearts’ three goals against Dundee Utd on Saturday….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is said gig David?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Stu - Jamie plays on Sunday at 10.10, I play on Thursday at 9.25 - check the OOTB website via the link on this blog.

Lisagonzo? - Please take your stock recommendation and....well, I'll leave it to you to predict the rest of this instruction...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The spam has been deleted! Huzzah!
Damn you spammers indeed...