Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dead flowers and blue skies...

Today is the birthday of Count Brodski my old school buddy and the only blogless Creek member – Happy Birthday Al – keep it wide, big man!

My chum, Margaret Hewitson also celebrates her anniversary of emerging into the light today – Happy Birthday Margaret!

It’s yet another scorcher today, apart from one almighty rainstorm for five or ten minutes mid afternoon...



Here ends the weatherhindcast.....

I got an e-mail today from Friends Reunited to say someone or other had been added to one of the lists where I am also listed. This reminded me that I tried to update my profile a few months ago but it wouldn’t save.

However, I kept what I’d tried to upload and so today I tried again and it worked.

Since I’m not a fully paid up £7.50 a year member of Friends Reunited, I can’t e-mail people back when they contact me via the site, so I left a few clues as to how to find me – i.e. Google “Cloudland Blue Quartet”...

This evening, there’s a message from a girl who was in my class at primary school, who I remember very well...but she’s not used the clues I left because the message is via Friends Reunited...

She asks if I am a member of a Barber Shop Quartet....

I think, on balance, Friends Reunited is a good thing – though I believe many a marriage has been wrecked by people getting in contact and trying to rekindle their past.

I’d add that the girl who sent the above message was a school-chum and nothing beyond that...

Although everything we have in common is so far away in the past, it does bring back good memories when I look down the list of familiar names from thirty odd years ago and wonder what they’re up to now.

Of course many have updated their profile but very few get beyond “I am married/single, with x number of kids, living in (enter place-name) and I work as (enter job-title)”....

Oh for a little bit of imagination sometimes....

Tonight when I get home, Meg the Black Cat comes trotting out to meet me and poses for the camera while rolling around on the slabs...



After swithering whether or not to go to Stirling to see the mighty Queen of the South play Stirling Albion in the CIS Cup I decide I am a hoodoo after Saturday’s thrashing and stay at home...they lose 2-1 anyway so I figure I've probably saved myself £12 or so...

Instead I re-burn the Soundscapes CD with fades rather than cross-fades – sounds better but still needs some fine tuning I think...

I’ve chosen a picture for the sleeve – a poppy which is growing out of the road at the back of our house...this was taken two days ago...



And this is the poppy today...not long to go...



Life is short, art is long....

No comments: