Wednesday, July 27, 2005

PPDS...

I came within 5 seconds of spending $300 on a Boss Loop Station on e-bay. Someone beat me to it at the very last moment...probably for the best as, no doubt I would have suffered massive post purchase depression syndrome (PPDS) had I been successful...

A quiet night in tonight.

Watched a taped episode of Law & Order and then did something I've not done for a long time but used to do a lot....I listened to some records which I chose myself, rather than listening to the Jukebox on shuffle play mode...

I quite enjoyed that, choosing tracks the sound of which I had no idea...

Entertaining.

I haven't heard back from the promoter of the Left Bank Fringe Nights re my request to postpone the CBQ and James Jamieson slots and it's getting a bit late in the day now to let anyone know about them if they're going to hold us to 8 August...

I'm going to go to Out of the Bedroom tomorrow night but haven't decided what to play...toying with the idea of three songs from "Anotherhappyday"....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the kind of music you want to do, I'd suggest you watch out for the newer model of Loop Station, I think it's called XL, because it has a couple of essential features missing from the version I have, namely:
- undo (believe me, you'll want this!)
- an option to fade out when you stop the loop playing.

You may not get it so easily on eBay but it'll be worth the wait!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Her website is certainly ahem "interesting"

Norman, the XL Loop Station is winging its way to Cripsycat Towers from the States as I type.

I am £300 odd down on my bank balance but looking forward to creating "a soundscape a day" to keep the doctor away...

Or I could just log on to Mitzie Bitchie's blog....

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Sorry that should read $300 (that's dollars Anne, dollars they're worth nothing in real money..)