Monday, July 25, 2005

Lying about buying...

Stu Cobley of Creek e-mails to say he's set up a blog "The Life of Stu"...I will be keeping an eye on it....


At present the only thing on it is this photo... but you must agree it is a cracker...

I've not bought any CDs for a while...

This is, of course a great big lie because, on Friday morning, I bought nine, yes nine, Herman Van Veen CDs on e-bay. I won't count them as bought though, until they arrive from their German home...

Last night, just before turning in, I bid for a Neal Morse 2CD set (ex singer of prog band Spock's Beard). This morning I find I won it for less than a fiver. Excellent.

I am still mad when it comes to CDs. Today I even went back to HMV in Princes St...but I felt good that I didn't buy anything...

Also on e-bay, I've been tracking a few of the Loop Station things that Norman Lamont has and which we used to create our soundscapes at the Roxy gig. I'm hoping to get one for around £150 which is £100 lower than the recommended price...

In the evening, having listened to the first draft of the Fringe set today, I redraft the backing track CD with the following setlist:-

The Crocodile Song

Half A Lifetime Away

Twenty Twenty Vision

I Rearranged the House

The Gardener

Snowfall

The Beauty of a Foreign Land

Another Happy Day

Where Are You

Very Small

A Nice Job In A Small Town

This seems to hang together better. For example, "I Rearranged the House" doesn't sound so slow when it comes after the even slower "20/20 Vision"....and I like the upbeat "Nice Job" to end on. I run through the set twice and it sounds good. I may swop "Where Are You" and "Very Small" around though...

An e-mail from my nephew, Andy and we arrange to meet tomorrow night at his house (as he's lost his license and can't drive)...hopefully the rehearsal will go well...

No comments: