Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Quiet and Considered not Loud and Excitable....

Spent a considerable amount of time today working on lead and backing vocals for the new album.

Anne was out at the Hearts v Middlesborough friendly (1-1, dodgy Boro penalty, Hearts made 10 substitutions...good game, good game etc etc) so I'd taken the opportunity to give it laldy on the old vocalising front.

I never learn. The results are pretty bad. I got carried away.

Hours of work for no result

This is why Anne is credited on the upcoming CD as my Executive Producer.

She says my motto should be "Quiet and Considered". This is the approach I will take at the next session.

I'm disappointed, as I thought I was coming close to finishing this CD but the project continues...

On a more happy note, I've been advised that the James Jamieson and CBQ sets at the Out of the Bedroom Fringe nights will be around 25 minutes each - rehearsals start soon and we hope to be able to include Andy Wilson on keyboards for both sets...dates still to be confirmed...

However this is also one more thing to delay the finalising of the new CD....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Caught up with your blog and really like the additions of pics. I feel that
as the readers have been through the toe scenario with you that a pic of
said toe could be posted !!! with a warning of course if it is really
orrible!!.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

It looks fine now having just been "done" but, after a few weeks it gets a bit red and sore and, frankly, a bit "iffy" on the pain front...