Monday, July 18, 2005

Headphones, thousands and millions....

Listening back to the new demos for "Deeperdown". They are, in fact (oh all right, not "in fact" but "in my opinion") rather good - the extra guitars are giving it all more of an "awesome" sound. The current rough demo vocals seem well placed (these will be redone and backing vocals added).

This is all on headphones of course, and I do now urge listeners to hear my stuff on headphones as it quite frankly never sounds so good on speakers....

In these days of I-Pod ubiquity that's possibly a good thing.

I think my recorded music is better suited to a one on one scenario - of course judging by last Thursday's attendance, it would appear that almost goes for live performance too (boom! boom!)...

The songs are finally approaching their real potential....nearly there, I think...

Tonight the track count on my Creative Jukebox passed the 10,000 mark. But remember kids, it's quality not quantity that counts....

Also tonight, in the local paper, the Evening News, I read of a lucky couple from my adopted hometown of Loanhead who've won £8.5M on the National Lottery.

On closer inspection of the details, it's my old school friend Alex "Fisher" Fraser and his wife. I last saw him at another old chum, Sandy Harkness' funeral back in 2003. Funny how things turn out - Sandy dead at 44 and Fisher, his good friend, a multi-millionaire for the price of a lottery ticket.

The article said Fisher fully intended to return to work this morning as a mini-bus driver for disabled children, which is typical of him. Although he was a bit of a "hard-man" at school, he was always friendly to me.

So well done Fisher.

Man, I need to change my numbers - I can't even remember the last time I got one right never mind the last time I won a tenner!!

Through a comment left on this Blog I found a site worth a look - http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/ . Look up "The Eleven Worst Songs of 2004", "How to Kill Yourself Like a Man" and, ideal for all bloggers everywhere, "If these words were people, I would embrace their genocide".

No comments: