Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Toe fish rip-off...

Further work on my toe today - no it's not fixed. I need to decide whether to keep having to go to the podiatrist every 6 weeks or so or, whether to have the op which will remove one side (the offending half) of the offending nail...ooyah!

On our way to visit my mum in Loanhead (the luckiest town in Scotland) tonight, we were behind a large truck with the words "J K Thomson : The Seafood Family" emblazoned on the back.

It may well be that the truck was being driven by a large lobster - but I'll never know, as our slip road arrived before I managed to have a chance to overtake and check....

At my mum's I got a couple of those free CDs they give a way these days with newspapers.

Some of these Free CDs do exactly what they say but some, noticibly the Express' CDs and the Mirror's CDs, are blatent pish.

On one CD, preported by the Daily Express to be the "Ultimate Disco" CD, only one of the seven songs (seven songs? Ultimate Disco??) is the original version - the rest have been re-recorded, presumably by the last member of the group in question left alive after various drug and sex related deaths, or are dodgy live recordings from a period where said band was well past its sell by date...and to cap it all, the CD is filled up with a further eight tracks of pish recorded by session musicians...

I recently bought a copy of the Daily Mirror as it had a free CD with it which included Alvin Stardust's classic, "My Coo Ca Choo", a track I'd been looking for, for a while (but at the right price of course and 35p for the rag to which the CD was attached seemed about right).

As an aside, MCAC is a complete rip off of Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit In The Sky"

...of course on the free CD in question, MCAC turned out to be a re-recording....

What a rip-off - but they're free - but they're still a rip off....

No comments: