Monday, July 04, 2005

Chop Chop Chop...

Now that's what I call a bobbie on the "beat"...


I was uptown in Edinburgh today at lunchtime and witnessed the anti G8 march, the one for which the protesters had had the temerity not to tell anyone where they were going to be going.

I witnessed some rather cack-handed policing to say the least.

A few drummers and puppeteers were stranded in the middle of Princes St surrounded by around 10 police vans with their sirens blaring and a cordon of police stretching across the road blocking the street to passers by. Struck me as rather pathetic....

Later things got worse as the protesters' numbers grew but they were frustrated at every turn by police (bussed in from all other parts of the country) including riot police, mounted police and dog handlers and finally ended up taking a right good battering in Princes Street Gardens...

Anyway, before HMV was forced to close due to the "riot", I managed to nip in and obtained the brand new Alice Cooper album, "Dirty Diamonds". As you might expect from someone who's been a fan since 1972, I think this is a great album....

Stand out tracks on the first few listens are "You Make Me Wanna", "Your Own Worst Enemy", "Dirty Diamonds" and "Woman of Mass Destraction" (geddit?) ha ha what a wag you are Mr Cooper...

This is Alice's 24th studio album and so tonight, in honour of this great new release, I compile an 80 minute CD containing one track from each....and I'm listening to it now as I type...so Chop Chop Chop indeed...

There's not enough comedy in this blog...

No comments: