Friday, July 01, 2005

A Glitzy, Glamorous Life

Spent quite a bit of time today uploading CDs into the jukebox - I'm now over the 9,000 track mark and have more than 900 albums on the player.

Other than that, I wrote my first song of 2005, on the first day of the second half of the year. Here's the jukebox (on the left) and the new song, freshly typed out.



It's called "The End Of Everything" and came about from a few lines which popped into my head when we were on our way to pick up Meg the Black Cat from Julia's last week after our holiday.

I saw a house with a "For Sale" sign in its window and, parked right outside was car with a "For Sale" sign in its window.

The line was "I sold my house, I sold my car, I gave up my career for a job in a bar".

Of course this actual line doesn't appear in the new song but if you ever hear the song, you'll perhaps recognise how it developed from that one, eventually discarded, line.

I wrote another line in the car a couple of weeks back, on returning from Craig's house when I was taking the computer to him for wiping and rebuilding. It went "When I was a boy, I had a little toy and it used to keep me well, now I am a man, my head is full of sand and I don't feel so well". So far this line hasn't progressed into anything of any import....

As you can see, many of my songs have very simple beginnings.

Other than writing the song and uploading CDs, I washed two lots of clothes.

What a glitzy, glamorous life I lead.

No comments: