Thursday, July 13, 2006

Smashed...

Playlist
I did not listen to any music today....

I purposely left my jukebox in the house today as Anne and I were off to a Summer Party this evening in the Botanical Gardens...

And so I enjoyed the sounds of nature and of man, as I made my way around...



The weather was beautiful and the squirrels were out as we arrived at the Caledonian Hall around 6:15 and immediately started drinking champagne. Anne later moved on to red wine while I drank champagne all night (wavering a little by partaking of three bottles of Stella Artois...

There was roulette – we ended up putting our entire £250 we’d made over the evening on “even” and number 29 came up – c’est la vie – it was pretend money anyway...

There was a juggler...

There was a magician...

There was a caricaturist – who made me look like a rather overweight ballet dancer with a hooked nose – not for public consumption!!

There were quite delicious canapés but unfortunately not enough to stave off the effects of constant drinking for three and a half hours....

And so at 9:30 we really ought to have called it a night and gone home when the Gardens closed....

But no, not us – we took the opportunity of a taxi with the hosts and some other up for it guests to Le Monde in George St where we continued our champagne and red wine frenzy until 2 am, whereupon we took a taxi home, absolutely and completely SMASHED!!!

This day must go down as one of the most drunken we have EVER been – and believe me, over the years, I’ve had my moments – this must surely be a top five moment....

And so so thanks indeed to the very nice people at Bedlam Asset Management plc (http://www.bedlamplc.com/) for an excellent night out....

Albeit with a distinct lack of judgement from the Crispycat people....

Highlight of the Day : Drinking to excess – and the roulette – we won a bottle of ...champagne

No comments: