Friday, June 28, 2024

It's good not to be forgotten about...

Playlist
Hawkwind - Stories From Time and Space
Tom McRae - Etrange Hiver
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Fallingsky
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Sparklemusik (12 CD Box Set)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2024-03-07 Out of the Bedroom
Ashhy - Sad Poetry
Washed Out - Notes from a Quiet Life
Alexisonfire - (LIVE) - Born & Raised 2022, St Catharines ON
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Soundingfall
Various Artists - 4:00 AM Eternal
Keaton Henson - Somnambulant Cycles
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2024-06-27 Out of the Bedroom
William Boughton, English String Orchestra, English Symphony Orchestra - The Spirit Of England
The Beatles - Let It Be (2009 Remaster)
The Beatles - Let It Be... Naked
Adès - In Seven Days (CD)
Hawkwind - Roadhawks

Always like to get up early on a Friday...




Worked on the recording from last night and soon had it done - editing out all the botch ups etc etc...

Then, went to my "playlist of songs I might play at OOTB" and chose three more for a fortnight's time, at random...


...and rehearsed them, without recording at this stage...

...and sought out music by a few of last night's people, only partaking of Ashhy's songs, available on the Sp*tify, making a nice little EP, named after the one about the gay policeman love interest of a 14 year old girl...

Out...




...and into town for a meet at 11 - bacon will continue it seems, which is fine by me...

Post meet a wander around - getting caught in the rain a few times...


To Stockbridge where I found some nice items for a quid each in the BHF (see below)...

Back up to Princes St and then, up to Tollcross - rain coming and going but always coming when I was exposed on the street - which was annoying...


Back having secured nothing further and a walk down to Haymarket - a look around there too before going to Tesco to secure a couple of bottles of beer for today's late lunch/early tea...

Well…

Went into my bag to get my Fopp bag out to carry my 2 beers....

“Ah there’s my hat” I said to myself...

Followed swiftly by “wait a minute, I have my hat on!”...

Obviously my London hat is small enough to hide behind a Fopp bag...

Hmmm - I have two new hats winging their way to me as I type to replace this newly rediscovered one...

 Anyway, met up with Bernardo at the Scots Guards at 3 for drinks, joined soon by Wendy...



Saw the lady who was supposed to be giving me spare dates re Sunday afternoon performances - she said she was very busy but hadn't forgotten - which is ok I suppose - at least we're still on the radar...

Into Rustom and joined by Gary, just back from Sitges...


...and Janine...



Poppadoms were followed by...


...Butterfly King Prawn, on Gaz's recommendation...


...and a slap up feed, with Lamb Jalfrezi for your correspondent...


Just a couple of bottles of Madri lager accompanied the meal and it was off home around 6 or so...

A visit from Rocky but she did not come in...


Some football, some "Gentlemen" and back to the machines at 8...


...for ripping and listening re today's £1 acquisitions...








The view from the office this evening...


Highlight of the Day : Out with chums...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: