Sunday, June 09, 2024

Honing the suite...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Suite 2024/25
Mulsant - Six String Quartets
The Heartwood String Quartet - Mozart & Mendelssohn
ÉxQuartet - New Music for String Quartet, Vol. 1
ÉxQuartet - New Music for String Quartet, Vol. 2
ÉxQuartet - New Music for String Quartet, Vol. 3
Oleg Yatsyna, Yura Kalinovsky, Aleksandra Ivanova, and Mikhail Radunski - New Music for String Quartet, Vol. 4

While they don't really give an accurate view of what's a-happening outside my windows, I do like my treated early morning pics...



Anyway, up and at it...


Still the weekend...



...and Luna is still here...


...and, while I get a coffee...


...she gets her early morning fix of biscuits...


...which, very helpfully...


...she shows me the location of...


Meanwhile, one crash yesterday of Audacity has done for my top notch reliability graphs...



Oh well...

Had to pull the curtains due too much sunniness outside...


...as I worked for a few hours on the live suite pre Anne emerging...


My goal today was to determine on which of the six decks each element should be played, as I mix the set, live...

It's not as easy as it sounds to ensure all the elements can be played across the six available spaces without missing anything out, when there are 3.5 hours of music to be crammed into a 40 minute set with, all told, 40 pieces in play over the length of the work...

Halfway through, it was breakfast time and so I paused everything and we left Luna in the sun...


...and drove to Stockbridge, to Patisserie Florentin, arriving pre 9...

Lashings of Americano with hot milk...


...and a Croque Monsieur for your correspondent and a very large Pain au Raison for the lady...


Yum...

A walk around Stockbridge but too early for the shops to be open - accordingly, no new acquisitions, which was probably for the best...


My BeReal obligations were met almost on time...


To Sainsbury for the shopping...


I satellited out and brought things back to the trolley while Anne (as you can see off in the distance above) was a little waylaid by a chance meeting with an old chum but did the organised bit... 


As I "shopped", I also WhatsApp'd with Jorgo in Felsberg re Manu's progress following the news last week of her hospitalisation and operation...

Good to hear that she is at home and is improving well...

She will start rehab in early July...

Jorg asked about the BeReal pic above which I sent him and where we were...

I said "Stockbridge, Edinburgh"...

"As opposed to Stockbridge, Kanada" he joked...

"If only", I replied...


Anyway, shopping done and home...

Then, with Anne off out again to secure new trousers for her mum, I got back to work on the suite...

I finalised the timings and the positions in the 40 minute mix, exporting the same and then running through a live rehearsal, the 4th so far...

With the new timings and extra material I've added over the last couple of days - to ensure there's always something "happening" rather then me just looking at a screen - it was a bit hairy but I got there in the end...

Later, just to see how it went, I improvised a 60 minute version and it, too, was good, if I do say so myself...

OK Dave, put your trumpet away...

Searched "String Quartets 2024" and found a couple of things which led me to three more things - which I am sampling tomorrow morning as I write and they, too, are very good (see above and below)...

Anyway, meanwhile, Anne too was working on what she's good at - superb lamb mince and potatoes...


Yowsah!




Two episodes of "Rebus" entertained, followed by a "Monk" (as we hurtle towards the end of 8 seasons)...

Late on, Luna knew her place (which happens to be Anne's place)...


No more biscuits till tomorrow, wee one...


Night, night Luna...


Highlight of the Day : Out for breakfast and getting the timings done...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: