Monday, June 10, 2024

Art versus performance - torture reassessed and discovered to be good...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Suite 2024/25
ÉxQuartet - New Music for String Quartet, Vol. 1
ÉxQuartet - New Music for String Quartet, Vol. 2
Bach, J S - Klavier Übung II
Booka Shade - Link To The Invisible
Duster - Discography
Iveta Apkalna - Bach Glass
Various Composers - Music From The Golden Age Of Rembrandt
Wayne Shorter - Introducing Wayne Shorter
The Most Serene Republic - Population
The Bad Plus - BIMHUIS 2022-11-12
Various Artists - Yardie (OST)
Various Artists - DJ Hell Presents: Gigolo Rockdelux Mix
Various Artists - Escola Massana
Ockeghem - Sacred Choral Works
Tower Of Power - Back To Oakland
Pulsar - Halloween
Shaboozey - Where I've Been, Isn't Where I'm Going
Brian Eno - Retrace Your Steps EP
The Cut Up Boys - Mash Up Mix EDM
Billy Sherwood - The Big Peace
Billy Sherwood - No Comment
Billy Sherwood - Oneirology
BEAK - >>>>
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Mercurial
Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

Opening pics admired online but I had to admit they are treated, in order to make them better...

Such is the way with most things these days...



Up before 6...


A fox had been busy overnight in Pietro's garden...


Luna was on the prowl...




...for, yep, biscuits...


...and a coffee for me...


And to work...

Wrote this up to date and then, wrote up a week of entries from June 2022 - only another 143 to do...

Breakfast...


Pics on Facebook from Jane and Bob, previously in Sorrento and Pompeii, now in Florence, led me to look up on here and fully read through our trip to Florence and Bologna - ten years ago now, May 2014...

If I didn't write this, we'd forget almost everything...

A day of no consequence really...

Added "recent" classical box sets to the Classical Box Sets Playlist...

Thought about doing something re the storage in the back room...

Was on the brink of ordering more CD boxes but did not push the button...

Tidied things up nonetheless...

Read a lot of this from around a year ago, when we were having the kitchen done and my trip to Spain for Gary's stag and the death of wee Rita the puppy - that was hard to read...

Played some records I came across in the playlists...

Anne was out and about most of the day apart from a "Monk" at lunchtime - tidying out her mum's place, getting stuff to charity shops, ready for the tip and a couple of things brought home, chairs and the ironing board - not that we do much ironing these days of course...

Pilates tonight as my inconsequential day continued...

Listened to some of the Billy Sherwood CDs I bought in Newcastle in January - they are like lost Yes LPs...

I let Dr Prog know - message read but no comeback...

A call from my mum - seemed to hear me fine today - wanted to know what's happening tomorrow - she will venture forth for the first time in, probably, almost 9 months, when Sheila, Anne and I take her to the Guild by taxi - while she's there we will most likely chop up her never to be used again settee and do some work in her garden...

In the evening, "Outlaws" enjoyed...

Luna loves Anne...


She only interacts with me first thing, while Anne's still asleep, to get biscuits...

Oh well...

Late on a couple of today's discoveries enjoyed...

...as the sun went down...



...and my own "Mercurial", out into the void next month, soundtracked on the AKGs, as I leafed through "1,000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die" while sat in the moved back into the computer room rocking chair - recently, surprisingly, saved by me from being chucked by Anne - it has, after all, been with us for the full 44 and a bit years - and ...

To bed with Taylor Swift...

Kind of...

To be fair, my first detailed listen to "The Tortured Poet's Department"...

The media overkill re her tour and her visit over the weekend to Edinburgh caused me to reassess my admiration for her but, on listening tonight, I reaffirmed to myself that she is very, very good indeed...

Even the second LP of offcuts is better than most stuff out there...

And so I realised her art needs to be separated from her big live shows and people in sparkly clothes and pink cowboy hats singing along in stadia from miles away only really seeing her on a big screen (or seeing nothing as they've somehow bought tickets to sit BEHIND the stage)...

Art v Performance...

Strange...

Anyway...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Busy doing nothing...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: