Monday, May 20, 2024

It's kind of ok to waste your time if it's on something enjoyable...

Playlist
Uriah Heep - Choices (Chronological)
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town
Various Artists - The Front Line : Sounds of Reality
The Revolutionaries - Earthquake Dub
Various - Modern Recordings: Music That Matters 2023
Sufjan Stevens - Planetarium
Warpaint - Heads Up
Kenny Rogers - The Best Of Kenny Rogers
Various Composers - Music from the Chirk Castle Part-Books
Tina Brooks - The Waiting Game
The Flock - Truth - The Columbia Recordings 1969-1970
Various - Hypnotised: A journey Through British Trance Music 1993-2002
The Marvelettes - Playboy
The Shirelles - Tonight's the Night
The Crystals - Twist Uptown

Awoke to the mighty Uriah Heep...


...and decided to redo their "Choices" box set, removing all the doublers and putting the featured tracks into chronological order...

This is how I waste my time but it was good...


Out with Anne to her mum's for a few errands and then into the office to do more stuff for her...

Then, round to Fopp and made a few purchases and noted a few other things...

This for example...


I've had the 92 track digital version for nearly 3 years and never gotten round to adding the names of the artists on each track...

So I did that this afternoon...

I swithered about this but in the end put it back - yep, turns out I already have it...


Almost bought this...


...and was intrigued by this...


I sampled them all later...

On the way home, stopped off at Rustom to book a table for next Monday for a lunch with fellow ex-colleagues Yuill, Raymond and Bernie...


Heep soundtracked the bus journey home...


...and up the hill...


Anne was off out doing Pilates...

I sat in the back room listening to my purchases...





I am awake here but was to be found, later, asleep...


...in the blazing...


...sun...


Moved through to the computer and started the rip process and brought the book of CDs I own up to date, adding the latest 33...

In the evening, baked potatoes were followed by "Monk" x 3...

And bed...


Highlight of the Day : Listening to CDs...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: