Friday, June 09, 2023

Electricity can take you to Dundee...

Playlist
Alice Cooper - School's Out (Expanded & Remastered)
Tonbruket - Forevergreens
Yes - Heaven and Earth
Yes - The Quest
Yes - Mirror to the Sky
Lou Reed - Live In Boston, 29 October, 1976
Lou Reed - Roxy Theatre, West Hollywood, 1 December 1976
Lou Reed - Cleveland Music Hall, Cleveland, OH, 26 April 1978
Lou Reed - Coffeebreak Concert, Agora Ballroom, Cleveland 3 October 1984
Lou Reed - Live at the Paramount Theatre, Denver, 13 April 1989
Lou Reed - World Music Theater Chicago, 12th December 1992
Argent - High Voltage Festival 25th July 2010
Prince Far I - Heavy Manners: Anthology 1977-83
Scott Henderson, Steve Smith & Victor Wooten - Vital Tech Tones 2
Win - Freaky Trigger
Bell Orchestre - As Seen Through Windows
Various Artists - Reworked
Magnus Öström - A Room For Travellers
Alice Cooper - Killer (Expanded & Remastered)
McFly - Power to Play
Rammstein - Sehnsuch

Right...

Friday...

Up early despite last night's late retiral...


Meanwhile, breakfast in Berlin...


I downloaded new things, including the remastered and expanded versions of Alice Cooper's "School's Out" and "Killer" albums (see below)...

Then, I ordered seats, there and back, to Dundee on Ember's Electric Bus...

You'll note it was to depart at 9:20...


As I left the house I was convinced 9:30...



So, I was pleasantly surprised to board at 9:23 just after arriving at the stop...


Just as well it wasn't bang on time...

The beast was on its way to that Dundee...




...arriving after a journey of around 90 minutes - thank heavens for mobile phones, and their music carrying capabilities and internet accessing capabilities...


Meanwhile, in Germany, the ladies were visiting Potsdam today but, sadly, were somehow unable to locate my favourite shop, which sells art books for 3 Euros each and CDs for 1 Euro each...







Back in Dundee, the terminus was behind the DCA gallery of contemporary art...


That was for later though - I walked into the town centre...



...and soon found my main target, ThirteenRecords...


...where, for me, pricy sets by Argent and Lou Reed were purchased...




Further walking around the centre...






...and a few more things found at Oxfam...

Also, at CEX, I managed to secure the second trio of "Terminator" movies...

Then to the DCA - Zineb Sedira's "Can't You See the Sea Changing" was pretty good...











...while Saoirse Amira Anis's "symphony for a fraying body" was not - how do people producing such dreadful work secure funding and obtain a place to show their work?

Out and further walking around...


I had probably booked too late a bus back to Edinburgh considering the options re things to do in Dundee...

I recall being here in February 1977, when "Animals" by Pink Floyd was released - took a train up with Doreen Coltart to see if Dundee University would be a place for us...




It wasn't...

A second visit to ThirteenRecords resulted in a few more CDs and a book on 20th Century Classical Music...

Made my way back to the terminus, past this...


The beast had been walking about in Dundee all day...


The bus awaited, charging up...


Today's haul...


An uneventful trip home ensued...




...and soon I was making my way home, just over 9 hours after boarding the bus to Dundee...


More acquisition picturing - missing the encyclopedia purchase...



Neighbour Pietro gave me my tea out of the blue - very tasty sole with potatoes and peas!


Yum...

The remainder of the day was taken up with "Terminator: Salvation" - much better than I remembered...


...and "Terminator: Genisys" - also better than memory had predicted...


To the machines...


...as the Berliners hit the sack...


Started ripping today's things just before midnight...


Almost three by the time I got to bed...

Highlight of the Day: A trip to Dundee...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: