Monday, June 26, 2023

Just get me home please...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selections 2023

Up and packed and locked the room and left the key at reception...


The swifts were out again today...


I made my way to the bar on my way to the station and left a note for Cecilia, expressing my condolences over wee Rita...


To be honest, I just wanted to get home now...

To the station...






...and I was soon on my way back to Barcelona...




...arriving at Sants after a 40 minute journey...


As ever, it was roasting...


...and, of course, I was lumbered with my rucksack...

I wasn't feeling too well and was still very much haunted by last night...

I started the long walk to the plaza where I'd get the bus later to the airport, as I wanted to check the times...



Here we go...



With that in the memory banks, I took a look around the environs, as I'd not been in this part of the city when I was here a few days ago...


I found a market and purchased a couple of items for breakfast/lunch...





I found a seat in the shade to enjoy them...


More walking around and then I decided to just head to the airport...





...and arrived around 6 hours before my flight was due...


Still not feeling too great, I just hung about...




After a couple of hours I decided to chance something to eat and it was enjoyable and tasty...


However, I am convinced there remains a gap in the market for airport franchises for every single thing they sell at airports and that this franchise would have the name "Normal Prices"...



With around 90 minutes to go till take off, the first delay popped up on the boards and I checked and found the inbound flight had left Edinburgh 50 minutes late (the delay on the board was "just" 30 mins)...


Oh well...

I wondered what I needed to do to get into the Dali Lounge...


This was taken at 6:15, with no sign of the plane yet...


Idiots were already standing in a queue of sorts...


The airport's online info re departures indicated the plane had made up almost half of its delay...


But, no, we didn't start boarding until 45 minutes after our scheduled take off time... 


Taxi-ing took an age...



Finally, we were off, 80 minutes late...


Goodbye Barcelona, Sitges and Tarragona...









Hello Edinburgh...







I can see my house from here...




Landed in line with our delayed departure and normal flight times


Thankfully, I made it through passports and customs fairly quickly and onto an airport bus and picked up by the EP at the bottom of the hill...


Home to new trainers...


And it was very good indeed to be back...

Hihglight of the Day : Arriving home...

Today's New Music (as recommended by the Barcelona Art Students):-

No comments: