Thursday, June 22, 2023

Down with the students, kind of...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selections 2023
Cloudland Blue Quarte - The Dark Room

Awoke late...


The debris...


The neck...


Decided to pay 10 Euros for the breakfast buffet at the hotel...


Fruit, yoghurt and juice...


Bread, meat and cheese...


A croissant and more juice...


Crusty bread and a coffee...


Checking out my route to Sagrada Familia...


...and to a couple of record shops - I did not notice that the route started way north of the hotel and the shops were actually just around the corner...


Melon and even more juice out on the balcony...



Said balcony


As I set off round the corner to the record shops, on taking this pic, I realised I'd left my hat in the breakfast room...


Back in and back out - that's better - it was roasting!


Into Revolver...


...and, with no time constraints, I looked through rather a lot of CDs...


...before taking my purchases to the counter...


These for just 12 of your European Euros...


On exiting, I found another branch of Revolver just a couple of doors away...

Of course I had to go in...


No further purchases though...


Then, into nearby Daily Records - and, again, no purchases...


And now, the walk to La Sagrada Familia commenced...

Back to La Rambla...


...and up to Plaza Catalunya...



...and on...


...and on...


...and on...


...and on...



Bloomin' roasting...


I stopped for a seat and perused my purchases...






Tasty...

Onwards...


A cool shandy purchased...


A market visited - lovely air conditioning...



..and another seat on the other side...


Still quite a bit to go...


Onwards...




Finally, just as the bells were chiming 1pm, I arrived...


Magnificent...




I spotted a place to secure lunch...


...and continued my walk around this wonderful, still unfinished cathedral...





...and found a nice spot in the nearby gardens...


...to enjoy my lunch...





It was toooooo hot!!



I continued my walk around (I did not go inside - 30 odd Euros was too much)...




The onlooking tourists




There was a Barcelona FC outlet opposite...

A quick look...






...and then, the long walk back started, around 90 minutes post my arrival...





...back through the market...


..and another shandy stop...


I took a seat outside a very expensive hotel, attached to which was one the the most tasteless art galleries I've ever seen - art for people with a lot of money but zero knowledge of art (or indeed, taste)...



Would you sit on a bench outside a very expensive hotel next to this man?


An overweight American's wife and kids did - only to be chastised by said overweight American for sitting nest to "a Yankees fan"...

I looked up the hotel - 1,600 Euros a night for a room...

I wondered where the fat American's money came from...

Anyway, onwards...






Revisited FNAC and took two "bargains" not short-listed yesterday...



...then, realising it was far too hot for the clothes I'd brought, I popped into Primark and got a couple of T Shirts, a pair of shorts and some flip flops...


The beast made its holiday attired way to the balcony...



This was the only time I wore the flip flops - I put them in the bin before leaving tomorrow as I could not walk in them...

1 Euro 30 down the pan!


Back to the room and "normal" shoes put back on...

What an absolute sight I was...


But comfier...

To Carrefour for some beers - upping the ante by 6 cents a tin this evening...


Down to the market, perhaps for some tea but nothing enticed...




Out in the square behind, something was happening...



It was the end of term for the Art School, Escola Massana...



The students were showing off their art and there was a poetry reading - run by a young man in a skirt...


...and, possibly, his brother...


This young lady's poem was in English...


Her shoes were good...


It remained roasting


The poetry continued...



...the art exhibiting continued...


The poetry continued...


Although I could not understand it, I think this young lady's was dedicated to her girlfriend...



This rather drunk man also read a poem - by the looks on the faces of the organisers, some of what he was saying may have been rather questionable...


His friend enjoyed it though...


The view from the office this evening...





Next up was "Music Bingo", run by these three ladies...


I did not take part but Shazammed all the excerpts and, on my return to Scotchland, put together a memorial compilation...



Eventually, it was time to eat and so I set off in search of the Indian I had noted yesterday...



...and soon found it...


I sat outside and enjoyed an excellent meal and a cheeky wee beer...








It was only 9:30...



I did not go into the Cassette Bar...


...or ask this policeman what he was looking for under this car...


I walked back as the night drew in...


...the students were still celebrating...



Past the market...



..and back onto the Rambla..



Carrefour was still open...


This the scene outside the hotel...


Calmer inside...


...kind of...


As I hit the sack, I was glad I was in a cupboard at the back, away from the noise of the street...

Meanwhile, back home, Anne sent pics of the progress being made on the kitchen...





No doubt this will be an LP cover at some point...


Highlight of the Day : Tasty Indian...

Today's New Music (there was more, but I've spread it out over the next couple of new music drought days):-

No comments: