Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The impression of perhaps too much beer might be being given....

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2020

Ok, almost three weeks on from my departure for Spain, time to get this back up to date...

Let's see what i recall...

Up just after five...


My driver for today was...


...the lovely Anne...


...who dropped me off just short of the airport to avoid their exorbitant drop off fees...


...a short walk...


...and through security with zero issues...


Sitting around...


I chose not to breakfast in the waiting area but instead bought stuff to eat in flight...

Boarding...



...and to my seat without a hitch...


A podcast from 2020 was going to soundtrack, via my reasonably trusty iPod Classic...



The teenager next to me was playing games on a device for the entire trip - which was fair enough...


Take off on time...



At 8:22, I recorded a near miss that no-one else on the plane (well, hopefully, the pilots) noticed...

As I glanced out of the window, another passenger flight zoomed across our path maybe a hundred feet below us and was soon to be seen flying in the same direction as us, off to the left...


Hmmm..

The rest of the flight went without incident...

France approaching...



Despite no internet, somehow the map on my phone could show me where we were...


We flew along the coast...


...very possibly over Sitges, my destination in a couple of days' time...



...to Barcelona...


...and out, into the heat...


Just 15 minutes after touchdown, I was cleared for entry, passport stamped... 


To the bus stop for the final part of the journey, into the city...


It was quite hot...


I could see my target on the map...


...but the terminus for this non-airport (and so, very much more economic) bus fell short of said target, at Plaza Espana...



A rather long walk ensued...


...and, eventually, I popped into a little convenience store and picked up a couple of cans of beer...

And so it began...


With a couple of hours still to go until I could check in, I took in the scene at Plaza Universitat...


...a short walk from the hotel...


From my seat, I could see FNAC...


So, post beers, I took a walk down and a look around...


I considered a couple of bargains which, noted below as "Today's New Music" were downloaded on my return to Scotchland...

Out into Plaza de Catalunya...


...and to my hotel on La Rambla...


Reception looked lovely...


...and in my exchange with the desk clerk, I picked up the word "patio"...

However, on ascending in the lift to my room, I found it to be, basically, a large cupboard...


Oh well...


The views from the "window"...

Up...


...down...


I'd only be sleeping here...

Out and lunch from the nearby Carrefour...



..was followed by a walk down the Rambla...




Aha...


Loadsa stuff in here...





...but nothing partaken of...

I noted a possible item for tomorrow (which, in the end, I did not attend)...


Into the market...



...and out the other side, into a square - where I would spend tomorrow evening but did not know that yet...



More walking about - it's what me and the Exec Producer do on holiday...


Considered a few 50 cent CDs at this wee book shop...


...but did not buy (yet)...


A nice wee thing....



...and more walking about and sightseeing...


I bought some more beers and passed this cat whilst looking for a suitable venue to relax...



Parrots were about their parrot business...




...and a nice seat in the shade was found...


I made a mental note of this bar, and the Indian restaurant next to it...


...before walking back to the hotel...


...past the Gaudi designed, Park Güell



Back on to the Rambla...



...back past the market...


...past Radio Rambla...



...and, having bought some more beers, a lovely seat on the balcony of the hotel reception, overlooking the street...


The beast was relaxing after a day of travel and much walking about...


The view from the office this evening...






I had to take a photo of my key so as to remember the room number!




Back to Carrefour for my tea...


Then, inside and perusing some books...



Eventually, I hit the sack, watching a Queen documentary before slipping off into the land of nod...


A good first day...

Highlight of the Day : Barcelona...

Today's New Music (FNAC suggestions, downloaded on my return):-

No comments: