Monday, November 16, 2020

Along the water...

Playlist
Steve Harley - Uncovered
Sleepmakeswaves - these are not your dreams
Taylor Swift - Folklore
Brian Eno - Rams: Original Soundtrack
Neal Morse - Sola Gratia
Frost* - Others
Ke$ha - High Road
Betts(JP) - Osafune
Arensky - Piano Trio Op 32; String Quartet Op 35
Alice Cooper - Rock'n'Roll [Single]
Matthew Florianz - Zon der tijd ver gaat
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Beethoven
Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards
The Temptations - Sing Smokey
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons (Solo Guitar)
Handel - Italian Cantatas; The Alchemist
Josquin Des Prez - Guitara Illuminata
Ben Folds - The Best Imitation Of Myself: A Retrospective
Uriah Heep - Edinburgh Odeon 1974-10-19
The Tubes - The Completion Backward Principle
THE THING - Again
Uriah Heep - Wonderworld

Purposely up late today...


I've been falling asleep too much lately...

Initial listening, my 2020 picks, then, inspired by this book, Arensky...


I'd listened to some unmentioned Barber on Youtube late last night based on its content...

Anne up, breakfast at home...


Scenes soundtracked by The Coop, Matthew Florianz and me...


Around 10:20 into the car to the sounds of the mighty Heep and along to Roseburn...

Parked and a walk...


...along the Water of Leith...









Up and over the Dean Bridge...




...and down to Stockbridge - some CDs partaken of in the hospice shop and Oxfam...

Then, lunch in a shop window...

Lovely, strong Americanos...



...and perfect cheese and chutney toasties...


...before the walk back to Roseburn...










..where a man was seeing to a tree in Anne's mum's garden...


..and where we coincidentally bumped into Anne's mum and sister Jane...


Home around 2 and a lazy afternoon spent listening to today's purchases - the four CDs below cost less than a fifth of the price of two toasties and two cups of coffee...

I recently realised that Ben Folds can sound a bit like the wonderful band Jellyfish, so this for just a quid was an excellent deal...


In Oxfam, famous for overpricing, given they have received all their stock for free, I managed these three of £1.99 in total...

I had no doubt whatsoever that this little beauty would be what I like to call “delightful”...

Indeed, it was so...


This too was quite excellent - self taught guitarist Si Hayden’s solo guitar adaptation of Vivaldi’s greatest hit...

Bellissimo...


And, last of the day's acquisitions, Josquin des Prez’s final work (plus a couple of others), arranged for two guitars, both played by Boston guitarist, Jeffry Hamilton Steele...


Which got me reading about the life and work of Mr Du Prez...



Chicken, chips and beans for tea - can't beat the beans...

We came second in a difficult "University Challenge", 110 points...

Then, the second of three parts of a documentary on Anne's faves, the Jam Tarts, the Hearts...

Ended the day with the bootleg tape I recorded in 1974 at my second ever gig, Uriah Heep at the Edinburgh Odeon - the tape reminded me that sister Sheila was also in attendance - I heard her commenting on how it may well have been a little too loud...

Greek Heep aficionado Takas has had my tape for around 9 months and finally sent me a link on Sunday to the WAV files he's created from it...

It seems my tape is not the original (I have no idea where that might be) as (a) the last 30 minutes of the gig is missing and (b) every song fades out, having been, presumably edited by a teenage me in a stupid teenage me fashion...

Still sounds not bad though...

Good memories...

To bed with the contemporaneous LP, "Wonderworld", in the cans...

Highlight of the Day : Out and about with Annie...

No comments: