Wednesday, November 04, 2020

10 new things can be a new LP...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - German Tour 2019 Field Recordings
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Longdown Field Recordings
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Berlin Field Recordings
CB3 - Cult of the Crystals (Live EP)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietsongs

Up in the dark...


Coffee...


Views this morning...



Working on the new music...

Back at the console - working on a track using the second half of beat 5 - in fact all of beat 5...  

It will add a nice contrast I think...


A new song, "The Beginning of the End"...

...under interesting skies...


Over in Creeker Craig's world, more problems for him tre the new website...

Surmountable though he assured me...

More work on the sixth track which now has four different beats incorporated in the mix...

So now I had 13 things altogether, six songs and seven instrumentals...

Later, a new lyric, "Mosquito", entered the fray and was quickly recorded and added to the song version of the ever increasing and approaching LP length EP...

Meanwhile, the website had to be restarted from scratch...

A remix of "Don't Sleep"...

Then, word from Creeker Craig - he has lost his copy of all the news items from the website which stretch back to July 2002...

A disaster...

He was in tears...

My musical life, wiped...

But...

The other day I noted while looking through the various "sleeping" blogs I have, this one - to which crispycat.co.uk used to merely point - before I did the stupid revamp in October 2017 to a version which I didn't fully understand and which I found impossibly difficult to easily update - hence the subsequent lagardness of the site...

So that saved the day...

But it means I now have to go back over the last 3 years, instead of just 15 months or so, to update the new site once it's up...

Oh well...

At teatime, I was still in my pyjamas...



...and what a tea from the EP - a very tasty curry...


Post tea, I was thinking maybe two or three wee beatless things might do it to make the new project an album as opposed to an EP.  Yes there were 10 tracks on the original LP so three still to be used

Then, in the evening, a lyric writing session produced three new sets of words, for which I used my own rhythm beds and so "The White House and the Guns", "The Orchard and the Road" and "Trying to Forget" became songs 8, 9 and 10 on what was now an  new LP...


I did some low key vocal recording last thing, much to the Exec Producer's annoyance re my unrealised noise levels...

And that would probably be it...

A new LP could be out on Friday - of ten songs which, this time last week didn't even exist (apart from one lyric)...

Quick work...

Especially when you consider I've been working on "Sparklemusik" with Edward Spark for over two years - and a few years on my own prior to that...

Hmmm...

Highlight of the Day : Having a new LP in the can, kind of...

No comments: