Thursday, May 07, 2020

When one becomes three...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 4th May, 2020
John Wallace: Philharmonia Orchestra - Haydn: Trumpet Concerto & Other Classical Concerti
Alice Cooper - Killer & Muscle of Love - The Demos
Lindisfarne - Nicely Out Of Tune
Lindisfarne - Fog on the Tyne
Lindisfarne - Dingly Dell
Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself
Golden Earring - Switch
Grand Funk - Shinin' On
PIL - Public Image
Santana - Welcome
Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Be Bop Deluxe - Axe Victim
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
New Order - Movement
Steve Harley & Cockney rebel - Love's a Prima Donna
Icehouse - Measure for Measure
Led Zeppelin - I
Wings - Venus & Mars
Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns
Chris Rea - Shamrock Diaries
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Mathilde Santing - Mathilde Santing
Simple Minds - Empires and Dance
Asia - Alpha
Rainbow - Rising

Up early with an idea re the album I released on Monday - which would mean I'd need to amend it substantially...


..and so, under the glare of the sun...


..and on a beautiful morning...










I did so...



On completion of this third version of the piece, I realised I had to reinstate the initial version, keep the already released second version and add this new one - as there is a natural progression through the three...

So now it's a three movement set - with bonus field recordings...

And a revamped cover...


You can get it here - it's free at present...

https://cloudlandbluequartet.bandcamp.com/album/4th-may-2020

Meanwhile, the field recording a day project continued...


Later on, this arrived...


...especially ordered so that Haydn's concerto could be my classical piece of the day - I have also had to order a Beethoven Violin Concerto...

The Haydn was enjoyed post lunch and "Father Brown"...

A squirrel also enjoyed lunch...


Late on, inspired by a tweet re an old article in Melody Maker or some such, I listened to these three Lindisfarne albums...


...on the last day of my birthday cards...


These included one from Count Brodski which arrived today, with an Alice Cooper bootleg re demos for "Killer" and "Muscle of Love" enclosed...

Rough but nice...

Some of the tracks turned up on the big "Schooldays" box set I was listening to the other night...

Our chicken based tea was also nice (and not rough)...


This evening, to listening to records I used to own on vinyl (and some I still do) but on CD...

Mind you, what's the point of a headphone socket on a CD player if you can't control the volume?

Too loud!


A Tweet from a chum got me to looking at, but not playing, my small Gianna Nannini collection



But here's what I did play...

A very tasty selection - at first I was just going to play five...






...then, it stretched to ten...






..and then to twenty...











An enjoyable 90 minutes or so...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Revamping the album...

No comments: