Sunday, May 03, 2020

Last day of the 61st year....

Playlist
Lionel Rogg - Bach - Exploring the World of Music
Varèse - Arcana, Integrales, Deserts
Various Artists - Motown Chartbusters Vol 1
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 4 May, 2020
Various Artists - Motown Chartbusters Vol 2
Vasks - String Quartet #4
Alice Cooper - The Alice Cooper Group Singles 1970-1974
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Viotti - Violin Concerto #23, Sinfonie Concertanti
Ward - Chamber Music
Weiss, H - The Rest is Silence
Moondog - The EP Collection
Les Elements - Iberia
Viotti - Complete String Quartets
Jeff Beck - Truth
Nazareth - Razamanaz
Jerry Lee Lewis  - The Essential Jerry Lee Lewis - The Legendary Sun Recordings
Various Artists 7 - 5 Original American Rock 'n' Roll Anthems

Up early...


Internal views...





Today's classic, number 5, J S Bach again - the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, from this LP, which my dad once owned...

I got into it after seeing the original "Rollerball" back in 1975...


Views looking out...




And in...


Someone was interested in my storage stuff - pics were provided along with descriptions...





Into the attic with a view to recording some keyboards...

Once again, attached by a wasp and retreated...

Then, to getting the red book of CDs I own up to date...



A knock at the door, brought a few more (new song anyone?)...




..and some new buds, to replace my RHAs, which have started to activate voice control on the iPhone, which is a tad annoying...

These, for just a tenner, have a lovely sound to them...


They are the same make as my unfeasibly large over ear phones - hopefully they last...

And this book, on the recommendation of a Twitter chum - it seems very interesting indeed...


Once the red book was written up (vol 2 of 2 so far) I recorded some stats from the start of it, in January 2013...


It seems, since then, I have acquired some 3,500 CDs...

A stramash as someone pointed out that Hildegard von Bingen should not be filed under V but B...

Accordingly, the last 4 quartets of reasonably obscure classical music, re my ongoing A-Z, had to be recompiled...





This evening, some quizzes on the Whatsapp family group and then the third of the new "Killing Eve" series...

Enjoyable...

More good skies as the weekend drew to a close, although I am not WFH tomorrow as it's my birthday...



And so year 61 (i.e. my year of being able to say I am 60) drew to a close...

A welcome surprise in the inbox late on, as Macclesfield Craig re-established contact, after a long time...

That was a very good pre birthday birthday present...

Closed the day by compiling a wee playlist of records from the UK singles chart on the day I was born...

I have ten of them...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day :  New headphones and book

No comments: