Monday, May 11, 2020

You've been sconed...

Playlist
Mozart - Piano Concertos
David Binney - Balance
Samuel Blaser Quartet - As The Sea
Matthew Bourne - Montauk Variations
Mario Caribé - Bacuris
Dennis Chambers - Outbreak
Haydn - Symphonies No. 93, 94 & 97 for Flute, Piano & String Quartet
Neneh Cherry & The Thing - The Cherry Thing Remixes
Stanley Cowell - Brilliant Circles
Models - Local And/Or General
Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 4th May, 2020
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2019

Start of the week...

Three sets of views...

I...





II...





III...





This morning's classical piece, no 13, was a lovely piano concerto from Mozart - who, probably rightly, gets 8 of the 100 selections in the series...


Breakfast...

  
After a morning of work, soundtracked by the jazzy letter B...


 ...a break for a sausage based lunch and, at last, making the scones re the scone mix Anne gave me for my birthday a week ago...

There now follows a scone interlude...














The "leftover " bit was sampled immediately, before a return to work...


...soundtracked now by a jazzy letter C...


Mid afternoon, a break to sample the actual scones...




Yum...

More work, jazzy C taking me to my finishing time of around 6:30, then, baked potatoes for tea...


Double yum...

Followed of course by further coffees and scones...

Uh oh...

Tonight, post a call to my mum, who continues to make progress, which was cut short by her wanting to watch "Endeavour" (and instructing me to call her during the day from now on!), we enjoyed a very good third "Van Der Valk"...

Late on, I decided to listen to an LP a day - so many projects!

I have 336 LPs left in my collection and so will choose them via a random number generator...


First up, Australian early 80's faves, Models, one of just 40 of my remaining collection which I don't have either on CD or via download......




Then I thought, let's have another...


A classic from 1980 - which I do have on CD...




The view from the office this evening...



..and at the art station...


Ended the day with a documentary by Andrew Graham Dixon on two early Van Goghs, incluidng his first using oils, stolen in the early 80's in Amsterdam and only rediscovered in 2016, when an Italian drug dealer was looking to reduce his possible sentence if convicted...

Apparently one of the reasons thugs and gangsters buy stolen art, is so they can give it back as a bargaining chip to reduce their jail time...

Mr Dixon is around 8 months younger than me, I discovered on looking him up...

I thought he was much older...

There you go...

Highlight of the Day : Making scones, of course...

No comments: