Thursday, July 13, 2017

What's nine pounds in the big scheme of things....

Playlist
Ortiz - Music For Lute
Jana Burčeska - Eurovision 2017
Bacewicz - Piano Works
Ramsey Lewis - Mega Funk
Brenda Holloway - Move On Up, Vol. 2
Sparks - What The Hell Is It This Time? [Single]
Sumner McKane - Allot Upon
Guyvoronsky - String Quartet
Lambert - Excess
William Ryan Fritch - Ill Tides
Martin Kohlstedt - Tag
Jaco Pastorius - Anthology: The Warner Bros. Years
The Modern Jazz Quartet - The Last Concert
Craig Leon - Bach To Moog
Robert Glasper - Covered
David Reilly - Rubinmusik 1977-2017
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietmusik
Bennie Green - Horn Full Of Soul
The Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome
alpha male tea party - AMTP
Alex Machacek - Forty Five
Dylan Howe - Subterranean - New Designs On Bowie's Berlin
Atlas - Atlas
The Physics House Band - Mercury Fountain
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - The Swell Season
The Weeknd - Trilogy
Lachenmann - Reigen Seliger Geister, Tanzsuite Mit Deutschlandlied
Leszek Możdżer - Komeda
John McLaughlin - The Boston Record
Jason Van Wyk - Attachment
Coppice Halifax - White Pillar V
Dulce Pontes - Best Of Dulce Pontes
Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways
Manchester Camerata -Hacienda Classical
The Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness

This morning, the pain in the knee was almost completely gone...

However, on walking around, I found my stupid walking yesterday in an attempt to avoid said pain had impacted on other parts of my legs...

And so once again, walking today was not exactly the best...

Nonetheless, I made my way to Fopp, having watched Foo Fighters the other night on Youtube inviting Alice Cooper to join them onstage at Milton Keynes and performing "School's Out" and "Eighteen" with him in front a crowd of around 70,000 or so...

...and having then watched them play "Detroit Rock City" with Kiss' Paul Stanley...

And so, today, I bought my first Foo Fighters CD for three of your English pounds...


It's not bad...

Of course, I couldn't just leave it at that, The Weeknd's hit LP from 2015 was also available at that stupid price...


...and, finally, I'd been swithering about this for a couple of months...


To be honest, I wish I'd continued to swither...

Still, what's nine pounds in the big scheme of things?

In the evening, I was knackered...

But somehow still managed to drink two pints of your Heiniken with not seen for ages chums Mr Nicholas Roy and Mr Paul McCabe, met by chance as I'd been heading for the bus home...

Two pints can have a worse for wear effect on me...

Met Anne at the Chinese restaurant and then home...

Some listening and ripping and two episodes of "New Girl", which continues to have upped the ante on probably the last two series...

However, I gave up the ghost pre "Question Time" and "This Week"...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Chance meeting...

No comments: